Mi-24 Hind Skins

Hiob

7 hours ago, trelos57 said:

Skins wishlist - Wish List - ED Forums (eagle.ru) there is already another topic on skins

Sorry, missed it.

8 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

I don't care if it's done or not. But if, please make it an optional download. I don't want even more GBs of junk on my drive and liveries dropdown. Thanks!

mimimi.....

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

54 minutes ago, Morrov said:

The alien livery is great, but I kinda hope that liveries of various different air forces that use the Hind will be included before exotic ones like this.
I'm not opposed to it though, it is cool.

I think, that is a safe bet. Nothing to worry about.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

16 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

I don't care if it's done or not. But if, please make it an optional download. I don't want even more GBs of junk on my drive and liveries dropdown. Thanks!

Other than the base liveries and a couple that might be released from the module creator later on, i have never been forced to download anything unless i put them in myself. And if you have "Gigs" of downloaded junk on your PC that is your end.

Edited by WarHawk72
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

If you had read and understood my post and the (thread) i linked (for a reason), this would have stopped you from writing a stupid post. But you did not, which is sad.

you have 1.5 TB of ssd drives, why worry about the basic liveries of the dcs modules? Even the smallest of the Maps is several times larger than all the liveries combined. The liveries of the aircrafts you don’t own are there in case you connect to a multiplayer server that uses those aircraft. No need to call names on the posts of people that dont share your thriftyness.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

you have 1.5 TB of ssd drives, why worry about the basic liveries of the dcs modules? Even the smallest of the Maps is several times larger than all the liveries combined. The liveries of the aircrafts you don’t own are there in case you connect to a multiplayer server that uses those aircraft. No need to call names on the posts of people that dont share your thriftyness.

Very well said Rudel_chw!

There are already enough of missions requiring specific skins, which turns off many people simply because one wants to keep a clean installation with no mods, and thus possible issues. Furthermore, not having a skin causes others to see you glitched. This is certainly not the solution. Regardless, show some maturity when arguing with others!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

... one wants to keep a clean installation with no mods, and thus possible issues. 

Hi, just wanted to point out that a livery is not a Mod, and the only issue that may arise from employing a user-made skin, is that it may not shown correctly if it is too outdated.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

43 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, just wanted to point out that a livery is not a Mod, and the only issue that may arise from employing a user-made skin, is that it may not shown correctly if it is too outdated.

Absolutely, but just to keep the simulator installation clean. Also a matter of compatibility with users that don't have it. It looks good for you, but not them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

26 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

... I'm not even against ED providing these skins and making them easily accessible. I would just like an option to not install them. So where is the problem exactly?

No problem at all, hopefully ED will grant you your wish someday.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

If you had read and understood my post and the (thread) i linked (for a reason), this would have stopped you from writing a stupid post. But you did not, which is sad.

Prime example why i do not bother most of the time with the forums, have a nice day.

Edited by WarHawk72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

As a side-note @zerO_crash: if someone on a MP server has a livery installed and applied through the rearm screen which other people on the MP server don't have installed (like custom skins with a nametag some got done), the default skin (defined by the module devs) is used instead. There is no glitching involved here. One default livery per module (to be precise, per model. The C-101EB and the C-101CC for example each have their own (default) liveries because the CC got pylons for stores while the EB does not) really is what is technically necessary.

Sometimes, however sometimes it used to occur that the aircraft that used a special skin, turned pixelated in three green colors. I haven´t tested this for a long time, so I would assume that it might be fixed. Regardless, seeing different skins depending on who has a non-standard one becomes wrong. Each module ships with a couple of skins, and it really ought not to be a problem. We have tested this before, and it just doesn´t work well. Therefore, it is a good thing that aircraft ship with new skins, at the expense of taking more space. Same goes for CA and all the ground-/sea-units. If we want to get the best quality sim, then at least secure some space.

It´s not about having your own opinion, but how you express it. Do it kindly and with respect. We are a community that knows better than calling each other out. Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Uh... WAT?!?!?

Anyone know the backstory of this? What movie was this for?!? LOL!!😆

It was used in this movie, it is even on a cover.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103321/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Loaded_with_Death_(Zaryazhennye_smertyu)

Edited by SmukY
  • Like 1

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, cool thanks!!

So a Russian action movie from 1991...  yea, I guess when all you have is Soviet era helis and a limited budget, and not much CGI if any at all, I guess a Hind is good enough to pass as US Coast Guard!

• Like 1

Wow, cool thanks!!

So a Russian action movie from 1991...  yea, I guess when all you have is Soviet era helis and a limited budget, and not much CGI if any at all, I guess a Hind is good enough to pass as US Coast Guard!
LOL! Just read the movie description. Somehow a joint venture between the two nations coast guards.
Off to the PB.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk