Did Deka give up on the J-11 and move on?

Hodo

I am asking because I don't see much activity in this airframe outside of the current low fidelity FC3 model we have now.   Is there any chance we could see a full fidelity model?  

The J-11 we have now is on the outside a reskin with Chinese skins and Su-33 hardpoints configuration.  It has J-11A weapons but the first version cockpit.  

Is there any plans to update this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, Hodo said:

I am asking because I don't see much activity in this airframe outside of the current low fidelity FC3 model we have now.   Is there any chance we could see a full fidelity model?  

The J-11 we have now is on the outside a reskin with Chinese skins and Su-33 hardpoints configuration.  It has J-11A weapons but the first version cockpit.  

Is there any plans to update this?

No, it's not just a reskin. 

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, uboats said:

it's on hold and currently we don't have enough info (several mfd page details missing) to continue.

How about adding peer to peer and fighter to fighter modes to the 27s DL

Since it's missing that as a sort of consolation for MFI 55

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

How about adding peer to peer and fighter to fighter modes to the 27s DL

Since it's missing that as a sort of consolation for MFI 55

Unsure why, I believe this was historically omitted so F-15C would not be inferior. But now given the fact that there are DLs for F-14, F-16, F-18, Mirage, and upcoming F-15E, I do not see any more reason to hold this back. Furthermore Lazur DL for 29 would be a great addition.

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:30 AM, okopanja said:

Unsure why, I believe this was historically omitted so F-15C would not be inferior. But now given the fact that there are DLs for F-14, F-16, F-18, Mirage, and upcoming F-15E, I do not see any more reason to hold this back. Furthermore Lazur DL for 29 would be a great addition.

Cuz ED would have to add all that code to flaming cliffs, which isn't happening. The existing J-11 is basically a re-skin/minor 3d work on the actual flanker. Its using the same exact code as the rest of FC, and ED isn't gonna sink any more resources into it. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

47 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Cuz ED would have to add all that code to flaming cliffs, which isn't happening. The existing J-11 is basically a re-skin/minor 3d work on the actual flanker. Its using the same exact code as the rest of FC, and ED isn't gonna sink any more resources into it. 

1. by now I am well aware of the history of majority of modules, but yes I agree with you that this is a re-skin
  2. there are prior examples of FC3 being promoted to FF with price upgrade, so yes they can do this people will accept it

3 hours ago, okopanja said:
  1. by now I am well aware of the history of majority of modules, but yes I agree with you that this is a re-skin
  2. there are prior examples of FC3 being promoted to FF with price upgrade, so yes they can do this people will accept it

What prior example of FC3 module being made FF? And don't say the A10C cuz it wasn't. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

What prior example of FC3 module being made FF? And don't say the A10C cuz it wasn't. 

I meant that existence of A-10A led to appearance of later A-10C/II. Strictly speaking these are different modules, but my point is: something like that should be done for all remaining FC3. I do not mind if the they get age uplift like A-10 did.

E.g. J-11A --> J-11B (FF)

Edited by okopanja

24 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I meant that existence of A-10A led to appearance of later A-10C/II. Strictly speaking these are different modules, but my point is: something like that should be done for all remaining FC3. I do not mind if the they get age uplift like A-10 did.

E.g. J-11A --> J-11B (FF)

I mean thats not really how it worked. ED got a AF contract to make the A10C, they didn't randomly decide to "uplift" anything.

That being said sure it would be great to get some flankers or fulcrums in the game, but I don't see it happening with the current geopolitical situation. 

3 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean thats not really how it worked. ED got a AF contract to make the A10C, they didn't randomly decide to "uplift" anything.

That being said sure it would be great to get some flankers or fulcrums in the game, but I don't see it happening with the current geopolitical situation. 

Actually, prior status quo which blocked the advance in this direction, is disturbed and eventually the war will end, so it can actually mean that in future this may actually be possible.

3 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Actually, prior status quo which blocked the advance in this direction, is disturbed and eventually the war will end, so it can actually mean that in future this may actually be possible.

Guess we will see how it all ends up.