Sad about the MiG-29

Alita

I bought the module MiG-29 for DCS because I found this plane as interesting but then I saw that it is only FC3 plane with a cockpit without function in this state, this plane is not interesting for me and not to need so I do not want to fly it.

Very sad for this plane I expected more. 

I don't fly FC3 and don't want to but I want to learn to fly it without help.
I hope DCS makes the Mig-29 aircraft a better module without FC3. 

I am disappointed about this

Thank You

Edited by Alita

4 minutes ago, Alita said:

I am disappointed about this

Before you do any DCS purchase, you should do your due dilligence and research a bit .. just watching any Youtube video about the DCS Mig-29 would have given you a good idea of what to expect, even if the really low price, compared with a study Module, wasn't enough of a clue. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

31 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Before you do any DCS purchase, you should do your due dilligence and research a bit .. just watching any Youtube video about the DCS Mig-29 would have given you a good idea of what to expect, even if the really low price, compared with a study Module, wasn't enough of a clue. 

On the DCS site is described it is for DCS World therefore I thought it is a full module with all the features had I known that it is only for FC3 I would not have bought it.

26 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

A full fidelity clickable MiG-29A is planned.

Sorry to hear your dissapointment. I find the FC3 package entertaining and a good complement
to the more advanced modules.  

This model should be available at least in a full scope not only for FC3 so the pilots have disadvantages who want to fly this model without assistance. 

Btw ED plays fair. The shop says for the Mig-29:

"Note: the aircraft model is identical to the Flaming Cliffs 3 module. Owners of FC3 do not need to purchase."

Right on top of the page.

I'm aware that you did not say it was ED's fault. Just wanted to mention that to avoid disappointment for other users who missed those sentences too.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Btw ED plays fair. The shop says for the Mig-29:

"Note: the aircraft model is identical to the Flaming Cliffs 3 module. Owners of FC3 do not need to purchase."

Right on top of the page.

I'm aware that you did not say it was ED's fault. Just wanted to mention that to avoid disappointment for other users who missed those sentences too.

It does not change the fact that it is sad that this model is only possible to fly in FC3 and not in full version.
It is only interesting in full version.

Didn't you find it weird that you're buying a full DCS module of a 4th gen jet for that price?

Try contacting the customer service for a refund, but I'm not sure what's the point of this thread TBH?

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 3

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

On 4/11/2021 at 10:34 PM, Dudikoff said:

Didn't you find it weird that you're buying a full DCS module of a 4th gen jet for that price?

Try contacting the customer service for a refund, but I'm not sure what's the point of this thread TBH?

I thought it was an older model and therefore cheaper, it is very sad that it does not have full features.

The MiG-29 is a great bird, even in it's FC3 form. It's challenging to fly, fast, and can survive even against some more modern opponents. Just map the functions to your HOTAS and go for it. I always have spots on the server for the MiG. I am sure that in the future someone will make a new MiG-29 module. But for now, I really enjoy the one we have.

Edited by Zeagle
  • Like 3

Well, I also love MiG-29. Slick, sexy beast. And I would also like to see it as high fidelity module, the sooner the better. I know MiG-29A is planned, and maybe it is even in some developement as we speak. But this FC3 MiG-29 is not bad either! You get professional flight model, and that is quite challenging. Weapons and sensors are working as they should, even if the inner workings are simplified. And you get S version, that can't be high-fi, because it was (and is) used by Russian Federation, and you are not allowed to gather data on that. MiG-29A we will get will be probably 9.12A version (Warsaw Pact export) or 9.12B (outside of WP export), the latter being more numerous, but also lacking lots of equipement. Those versions are open for study and modelling. 

I understand your frustration, but we will have to wait a bit for that high-fi variant, and it won't be the best MiG-29 version around either. But in that way your FC3 MiG-pack can compliment that module nicely, when it comes out. And until then, you still get nice worth for your money, as you get 3 versions and something to train in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fairey Gannet said:

Well, I also love MiG-29. Slick, sexy beast. And I would also like to see it as high fidelity module, the sooner the better. I know MiG-29A is planned, and maybe it is even in some developement as we speak. But this FC3 MiG-29 is not bad either! You get professional flight model, and that is quite challenging. Weapons and sensors are working as they should, even if the inner workings are simplified. And you get S version, that can't be high-fi, because it was (and is) used by Russian Federation, and you are not allowed to gather data on that. MiG-29A we will get will be probably 9.12A version (Warsaw Pact export) or 9.12B (outside of WP export), the latter being more numerous, but also lacking lots of equipement. Those versions are open for study and modelling. 

I understand your frustration, but we will have to wait a bit for that high-fi variant, and it won't be the best MiG-29 version around either. But in that way your FC3 MiG-pack can compliment that module nicely, when it comes out. And until then, you still get nice worth for your money, as you get 3 versions and something to train in.

+1

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 8:59 PM, Alita said:

I don't fly FC3 and don't want to but I want to learn to fly it without help. [...]

This model should be available at least in a full scope not only for FC3 so the pilots have disadvantages who want to fly this model without assistance. 

Have you confused something? FC3 aircraft does not mean it is some kind of game mode or auto-assistance. Flight model is professional as in full fidelity modules - only avionics and systems are simplified. What kind of system or behavior you were expecting and you did not find apart from obviously cockpit clicking?

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 hours ago, draconus said:

Have you confused something? FC3 aircraft does not mean it is some kind of game mode or auto-assistance. Flight model is professional as in full fidelity modules - only avionics and systems are simplified. What kind of system or behavior you were expecting and you did not find apart from obviously cockpit clicking?

Confused or not I don't care, I said I don't want FC-3 products and I don't care how great it is I said no to FC-3.
If a full version comes I will buy it until then it is uninteresting.
That's all I have to say about this topic.

3 minutes ago, Alita said:

Confused or not I don't care, I said I don't want FC-3 products and I don't care how great it is I said no to FC-3.

OK, if it was Steam you might have a chance for a refund if you didn't play DCS more than an hour after the buy.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

44 minutes ago, draconus said:

OK, if it was Steam you might have a chance for a refund if you didn't play DCS more than an hour after the buy.

I don't use Steam for DCS, and I bought it a long time ago, it just came to my attention because I had certain plans.

I wanted the Mig-29 as a sparring partner for elite PVP training servers, 
unfortunately I had to delete the Mig-29 from the program again, because only full version models are eligible for that, otherwise it's not training but only half a thing.

Maybe sometime the full version of the Mig-29 will come until then the Viper must take over the sparring. 
And for FC-3 models I also have no interest I like to learn and you can not do that with FC-3.

@Fairey Gannet 

Yes as you say Mig-29 would be interesting I love them too but only in full version.

Edited by Alita

The Viper is Early Access and not finished, with a lot of systems missing and ongoing FM tweaks.
So I don't really get how that is more ok than MiG-29 for PVP training?

Anyways, good luck on your (Elite PVP 🤣) training and check out the full fidelity MiG-29 when it is avalible.

15 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

Die Viper ist Early Access und noch nicht fertig, da viele Systeme fehlen und FM-Optimierungen durchgeführt werden.
Also verstehe ich nicht wirklich, wie das für PVP-Training besser ist als MiG-29?

Wie auch immer, viel Glück bei Ihrem ( Elite PVP 🤣) Training und sehen Sie sich die MiG-29 mit voller Wiedergabetreue an, wenn sie verfügbar ist.

And half a Mig-29 is also not to need, that is also a fact, at most my daughter with 5 years can fly with it.  
I see enough cockpit pictures on the internet and I don't need to climb into a cockpit to see pictures.

7 hours ago, Alita said:

at most my daughter with 5 years can fly with it.  

If she can take off, fly and land MiG-29... then she can fly 95% of the modules including F-16, F-18... they have much more advanced avionics with FBW, auto trim etc... 😄

DCS is primarily about flying and MiG-29 flight model seems very accurate at the current state.

I get it you like full fidelity modules, I do too, I like it when everything is clickable and simulated truthfully, doing startup procedure, emergency procedures... is half+ of the fun for me and I can't wait for full fidelity MiG-29A, I don't care what version we get because DCS shouldn't be about what is currently the best and the most modern but that is another topic.

15 minutes ago, XPACT said:

If she can take off, fly and land MiG-29... then she can fly 95% of the modules including F-16, F-18... they have much more advanced avionics with FBW, auto trim etc... 😄

DCS is primarily about flying and MiG-29 flight model seems very accurate at the current state.

I get it you like full fidelity modules, I do too, I like it when everything is clickable and simulated truthfully, doing startup procedure, emergency procedures... is half+ of the fun for me and I can't wait for full fidelity MiG-29A, I don't care what version we get because DCS shouldn't be about what is currently the best and the most modern but that is another topic.

MiG-29G is said to be improved, that would be interesting of course.
Where possibly the language in the cockpit should be adapted.
That is my opinion.
I would like to fly the MiG-29 and would also buy it as soon as the full version appears, only FC-3 models do not interest me, they are not a challenge when I fly then it should be something real no half measures.
I do not want aids and lightly made models does not speak for me.

21 hours ago, Alita said:

And half a Mig-29 is also not to need, that is also a fact, at most my daughter with 5 years can fly with it.  
I see enough cockpit pictures on the internet and I don't need to climb into a cockpit to see pictures.

Yeah, but there is no need to bash the product either...

To call it "half" plane, doesn't seem fair... it is the most complete and realistic MiG-29 i know in the PC sim history so far.

It has an Advanced Flight Model (the best available), and outstanding depicted cockpit and airframe graphics.

Although the current MiG-29 module is not a full systems fidelity model (without many systems and clickable cockpit), it is a product appreciated for those who don't feel like spending many hours getting to know every detail of the several real life systems.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 4/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, Top Jockey said:

it is a product appreciated for those who don't feel like spending many hours getting to know every detail of the several real life systems.

You are right on this point.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:14 PM, Fairey Gannet said:

Slick, sexy beast.

Dang it, people always call me when I'm in the middle of something ... anyway, what do you need?

• Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

On 4/13/2021 at 5:48 AM, Alita said:

Alright, look, enough beating around the bush, why don't you just tell us how you feel about FC3 instead of making us try to read between the lines?

Geez, some people 🙄

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

1 hour ago, Alita said:

You are right on this point.

Sure.

If you can tell me of any MiG-29's PC sim with more complete systems / features, and graphics as good as the DCS one we have, I'm listening...

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB