How to sync RWR alert with a radio call?

Peter33

Hi everyone, 

I'm struggling to find a solution to synchronize a SAM spike that appears on RWR and a Radio message from the Wingman.
I tried to work with "time since flag" etc, but I have random results since the SAM never engage at the same moment...

Is there a way to do so without any scripts ?

If you're trying to trigger a message with the RWR spike from an actual SAM launch, you could use the Missile In Zone.  It will trigger when the SAM actually launches, which will be very close to the time when the RWR spikes.

If you need a trigger for the search radar just painting you without a launch, I don't know of a way outside of scripting.  

Thanks a lot guys for your replies. 

On 4/9/2021 at 8:26 PM, toutenglisse said:

I only know the scripting function that solves this request ( DCS func isTargetDetected - DCS World Wiki - Hoggitworld.com ) - I tried it works well for a RWR detection from wingman triggering a message.

I don't know if it is doable with editor's functions ?

I'm crap at using scripts. Actually, I never get the courage and the time to dig into it... But I guess I will need to do it to build more interesting missions.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, SpikeGondorff said:

If you're trying to trigger a message with the RWR spike from an actual SAM launch, you could use the Missile In Zone.  It will trigger when the SAM actually launches, which will be very close to the time when the RWR spikes.

If you need a trigger for the search radar just painting you without a launch, I don't know of a way outside of scripting.  

That's what I did for the launch, but I wanted to add more pressure before the launch. By the way, I wanted the SAM to be an SA-2, but didn't find the corresponding missile in the trigger list (which should be S-75, correct me if i'm wrong), so I used an SA-3.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:44 AM, Sedlo said:

Which aircraft are you flying and which threat/spike do you want to happen for your trigger?

I'm flying the Hornet and I want a SA-3 radar lock warning on my RWR to be sync with the wingman radio call. 
Here are the steps : 
- SA-3 locked on Player aircraft > RWR alert. 
- Wingman radio call 
- SA-3 Missile launch

3 hours ago, Peter33 said:

I'm flying the Hornet and I want a SA-3 radar lock warning on my RWR to be sync with the wingman radio call. 
Here are the steps : 
- SA-3 locked on Player aircraft > RWR alert. 
- Wingman radio call 
- SA-3 Missile launch

Hey @Peter33!

OK, first all, don't be too hesitant about scripts, they're complex to see at first glance, but after some practice, working with them is not so bad.  Lots of people here on the forums can help, too.

What you'll need to do is incorporate a X: Cockpit Indication Text Equal To in your trigger.  Finding the proper element name and value will require you to use DCS BIOS (and a bit of scripting) to find out the values that you need for a given task.

I've created a test mission that you can go into and see how it's put into use.  Situation is you are flying towards an SA-3.  Once the radar spikes you, it will set a flag (10).  Two seconds after the spike, you'll get a radio message from "your wingman" saying you've been spiked.

One the SA-3 is fired, you'll then get another radio message.

SA3 TEST.miz

Edited by Sedlo

@Sedlo, thank you so much for taking the time to test it! It works like a charm and it is exactly what I needed. 
I will need some patience to learn basic skills about scripting but it looks like it's worth it. 
Again, thank you man!

Edited by Peter33
  • Like 1