DCS automatically taking screenshots every minute

Oilman100

I noticed I was using allot of disc space and on investigation I found that there was almost 40GB of screenshot files in my saved game DCS screenshot folder. I deleted them and then flew a mission and noticed that DCS was taking a screenshot almost every minute, this is all in single player mode. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

3 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Just a silly Q...  is it possible one of your keybindings is triggering screenshots? 

I did check this but the only key assigned for screenshot is the PrintScreen / SysReq button, which I don’t use for any other key binding in the game

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

I'm thinking that maybe you unintentionally, accidentally bound some other function to als hit that button?

I'm probably way off base here, just thought it might be a quick fix. Not that looking through all your bindings would be quick though.

One thing to look at, is does it do this for any or all modules, and even in the mission editor? Or does it only make screens with one module?

I had screenshots going back 3 yrs so it has been happening for a long time and I just never noticed. I will try and check different module tomorrow and report back

^ Can you even force DCS into taking screenshots all by itself via autoexec.bat?

To me it sounds more like a problem caused by some external gaming-related-software running in the background. Something in Geforce Experience, Steam Overlay etc...

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

So I found the issue, I had bound F13 key within Vaicom for Radio 1. So everytime I transmitted on Radio 1 it took a screenshot. No idea what F13 has to do with taking a screenshot but putting in a different key solved the problem. Thx for everyone’s comments

• Like 1

On regular keyboards, the PrintScreen key sits right next to F-12. Possible that DCS mixed F-13 and PrintScreen together?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!