F-16C Mavericks PRE-Mode Tutorial

F16wannabe

Hey Pilots! Today we are going into the F-16C Viper at Nellis AFB to learn how to properly Boresight our Mavericks on the ground as well as in the air. I prefer to boresight the Mavericks on the ground because it's easier and you don't have to worry about it while airborne. We further go into how to employ them in the PRE Mode with the Targeting Pod. Good luck out there! Enjoy!

-Tricker

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, F16wannabe said:

Hey Pilots! Today we are going into the F-16C Viper at Nellis AFB to learn how to properly Boresight our Mavericks on the ground as well as in the air. I prefer to boresight the Mavericks on the ground because it's easier and you don't have to worry about it while airborne. We further go into how to employ them in the PRE Mode with the Targeting Pod. Good luck out there! Enjoy!

-Tricker

Thanks, @Tricker.  This worked very well, clear/concise.  I think the Mav/TGP operations are the most HOTAS intensive activity for me...yet.  Can't wait until these becomes muscle memory.

One thing, after I did one mission successfully, I went back in to fly the mission file from the 2D main menu, and after I was in the cockpit, I couldn't get the BSGT indication at LOSB20.  I went out, and back in, same thing.  So, I decided to fly the mission that time, and the avionics seemed to have kept their boresight between the MAV-Ds and TGP from that original mission session.  Is that possible?  And if so, when will it reset for a new run of that same mission file?  I had completed all the mission flights while still in the original DCS application session.  Does it reset after I quit to desktop?

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //