"Engage bandit" with AI wingman

Hi folks,

Does the radio command "Wingman -> Engage -> Bandit" work?  I've tried it several times in the Oil on the Water campaign but my wingman just flies around until a MIG-29 nails him.

Thanks!

some say the AI wingman must detect the target on his own for the command to work. i dont know if its true.

generally the attack commands are very, very unreliable in dcs for all modules.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Does he acknowledge your instruction? He should respond with "Two: engaging bandits" or something similar. He may also respond and tell you he can't. If he's not responding at all, you have a communication issue. Make sure you're transmitting your instruction on the correct frequency. Sometimes you just have to send wingmen instruction multiple times for them to get it.  

BTW, who can I stop my wingman from replying a message over and over again ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Just now, ex81 said:

BTW, who can I stop my wingman from replying a message over and over again ?

you can set what kind of reports he is allowed to make in advanced waypoint actions in mission editor

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

ok

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

you can stt and ask him to ''engage my target''. engage bandits just tells him to engage someone somewhere and he might leave you or shoot the same bandit as you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.