How many mods have a proper cockpit modelled?

The_Chugster

the AH-6J Littlebird , 'tis a light heli though, if that's your thing!

Bell 47 might be a bit slow for you, but you might like. 

C-130J Hercules, has a modern cockpit, multipie workstations, loadmaster to operate the doors and ramp, paratroopers and cargo to deliver, and being worked on

MB-339

Also the A-29 Super Tucano, available now and making huge progress in a very short time, everyone seem to be having fun with it, already lots of skins to make it purty! If you don't know this plane, it's a turboprop light attack plane, evolved from the earlier Tucano trainer. These are increasingly sophisticated in avionics and fire controls integration, and will soon feature electroptics ball turret to do various smart munitions. They've already seen action in Colombia against FARC including a commando raid into neigboring country, very effective, and also Afghanistan, and possibly against ISIS as well but I don't know if that's confirmed or not yet. Nowdays they are getting better sales, as it's faster and cheaper than an Apache for COIN operations. Has 5 hardpoints, two .50cals in the wings, color MFD displays and a HUD. 

The T-45 will have a new cockpit, but not yet available (soon! They are waiting to test it under 2.7 to ensure no problems issues before release)

Mine is not a complete list, just what I recall

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

The Bell 47 doesnt really have a proper cockpit, it has the littlebirds at last release.  You also have the Extra 540, the Alphajet, The Mig23UB from memory and the MQ-9B predator (Best virtual cockpit ever...)

in my mind these and the above are proper mods rather than FC-3 mesh substitutions. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

As far as I am concerned, the best mods by far are the A-4C and the Hercules.

The MB339 is a lot of fun, but I have STRONG doubts about the flight model as it currently is. The mod is being redesigned as a paid 3rd party app, so I'm sure they will make it into a superb module eventually.

Personally, I don't get everyone's obsession with the new Super Tucano mod. I applaud the developers effort, skill, and dedication - they are making an amazing gift to everyone at the expense of their personal time and effort. However, for me, the A-29B is undercooked, especially the flight model.

Another fun mod is the Su-57 by CubanAce. Again, take the FM with a grain of salt - it flies a bit like a UFO. But it's a lot of fun to take into into a gun fight against unlimited number of other opponents and decimate them all. 🙂

CubanAce also had a Mig-23 that I still fly every now and then, but it's not as fun as the Su-57. (He may have updated it since I downloaded it last year.)

And, of course, everyone is waiting for the new T-45. Judging from the amount of work the developers have put it, that will be a spectacular mod. 

• Like 1

oh, you must be correct... I thought I found it in the "Mods" part of the forum though, maybe it was posted wrong place, or an admin moved it to wrong part of forum maybe, and now in correct location? Dunno, payware makes more sense considering teh effort in artwork!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick50 said:

oh, you must be correct... I thought I found it in the "Mods" part of the forum though, maybe it was posted wrong place, or an admin moved it to wrong part of forum maybe, and now in correct location? Dunno, payware makes more sense considering teh effort in artwork!

There is a mod of Mirage F1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Community JAS-39 Project is WIP

and another of my favorites the Classic by Cuban Ace

There are more out there that have a nice 3D model but uses FC-3 Cockpits but I wish they had there own like:

and some more but I can't find them right now.

3 minutes ago, Nero.ger said:

the OP asked for PROPER cockpits, half of the above once use DCS cockpits with an external model

Yes I know I was simply pointing if you look in the middle there is a note that states that those have a nice 3D model but I wished they had their own cockpit.