Display tanker direction lights in an overlay?

Is there an optional overlay for the boom direction lights up / down and forward / aft whenever you are cleared for contact and the AAR door is open? Just like that stick input overlay?

They are incredible hard to see in daylight, and almost impossible at night. 

At least on my system. 

I'm not aware of an overlay that you can bring up currently.

I believe IRL military pilots have commented that the lights on the real KC-135 are quite dim and hard to see, so most pilots refuel based on sight picture. That said, in DCS we have the limitations that come with a computer simulation, like limited field of view, limited depth perception, etc. that make sight picture a little harder than normal, so I think it would be a fair compromise to have an optional overlay, IMO.

• Like 4

Hopefully the lights won't be so dim once ED sorts out its lighting - maybe coming with 2.7? 

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Xavven said:

Oooorrrrr...

or, and hear me out on this one, we could have the boom operator just say "return pre-contact"

Oh, if I could just take your idea and tweak it a little, maybe after you have just struggled through several minutes of frustrating overcorrection and maybe an unannounced turn by the tanker and you finally got the jet stabilized and on speed and then just the moment before you're about to connect, "Return precontact" and he retracts the boom! 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."