MiG-15 Trouble Selecting Caucasus Airfields

Weegie

I've no idea if this is prevalent in other modules (for now) but I've been flying the MiG-15 and although yet to try all of the Caucasus airfields I can get some to register fine, but others not

Kobuleti, Anapa, Kolkhi and Krasnodar all pick up fine, but I cannot get Batumi or Krasnodar Pashovsky to be recognized at all. The VA window is telling me the commands are recognized, but I don't get the confirmation Beep and nothing happens.

Tuning in manually to Batumi doesn't seem to work either. Sometimes it's hit and miss as I did get Select to regonize Batumi once but I still could not establish comms with the tower.

Anybody know if this is a bug or is it specific to my setup? If so any recommendations?

@Weegie I have just had a quick play and managed to get Batumi to pick up (once I had used Chuck's guide to remind me how to tune both the transmitter and the receiver😗 in the Mig-15) so I think it must be something in the setup. Do you have Force ATC Names checked on the Preferences tab?

I have turned on Select Tunes Radio and have confirmed it tunes both the transmitter and receiver. To get Batumi recognised reliably I do find I have to slow down and break it into clear syllables Ba-tum-i

• Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

11 hours ago, Weegie said:

I've no idea if this is prevalent in other modules (for now) but I've been flying the MiG-15 and although yet to try all of the Caucasus airfields I can get some to register fine, but others not

Kobuleti, Anapa, Kolkhi and Krasnodar all pick up fine, but I cannot get Batumi or Krasnodar Pashovsky to be recognized at all. The VA window is telling me the commands are recognized, but I don't get the confirmation Beep and nothing happens.

Tuning in manually to Batumi doesn't seem to work either. Sometimes it's hit and miss as I did get Select to regonize Batumi once but I still could not establish comms with the tower.

Anybody know if this is a bug or is it specific to my setup? If so any recommendations?

You have them all set to the same coalition?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@hornblower793 Thanks I'll check but pretty sure both reciever and transmitter were set to the same frequency, think it was wave number 170 with frequency 4.25 I'll double check for sure

@sthompson Good catch never even thought of that perhaps that might be part of problem and my ineptitude very much appreciated

I'll be back!!!!

Glad it is sorted - we have all fallen into that trap at some point (and occassionally still do :-))

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 4/8/2021 at 7:40 AM, hornblower793 said:

Glad it is sorted - we have all fallen into that trap at some point (and occassionally still do :-))

That's why I had an idea as to the answer. Flew an A2A mission recently with an in-air start and at the end wanted to land at Suhkomi. They wouldn't respond to my inbound but I was low on fuel and so decided to land anyhow. When the AAA protecting the base started blasting me in the face on short final I finally put two and two together about why the tower hadn't responded. 

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

13 hours ago, sthompson said:

That's why I had an idea as to the answer. Flew an A2A mission recently with an in-air start and at the end wanted to land at Suhkomi. They wouldn't respond to my inbound but I was low on fuel and so decided to land anyhow. When the AAA protecting the base started blasting me in the face on short final I finally put two and two together about why the tower hadn't responded. 

Well it was much appreciated thanks again