Ripple x6 with JDAM

Myself and three of my squadron mates cannot get this to work as your video shows, after following the exact routine you used.  Each drop results in all bombs missing the target and going into the same point on the ground.  Mark points were cycled in between presses of the pickle button, and we just can't seem to make it work.  Was this video shot as single-player, and are there known issues in multiplayer?  All of our attempts have been on our training server, FWIW.

38 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Each drop results in all bombs missing the target and going into the same point on the ground.

Tricker's video shows exactly the way it's always worked in the DCS A-10C.

Going by the impacts all on the same point on the ground that you mentioned, I'd venture a guess that you all had the wrong SPI Generator. Can you confirm that you had STPT shown in the lower left corner of the HUD, and that the markpoint database was the active database?

A video or a series of screenshots would be a big help.

As an addition to the excellent video above, I like to double and triple check that the weapons will be going to the proper target by slaving all to SPI. With all sensors slaved to the SPI, with STPT as SPI Generator and the markpoint database active, cycling the steerpoint should make your TGP (and all other sensors) slew to the intended target, giving you a good confidence check.

I think there have been reports of unreliable JDAMs at least since the A-10C II came out, but I don't recall reports of all JDAMs accidentally hitting the same erroneous spot on the ground.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That was it.  My habit of creating a SPI with my TGP for CCRP drops got in the way.  When I just went straight to creating markpoints, it worked as advertised!

Thank you @Yurgon for pointing that out, and thank you @F16wannabe for making the video, and showing it was working as it should.

• Like 2

Hey I just saw your post.  Always check the HUD on the bottom left to see what your SPI is.  In the video I show that it shows STP for steer point which is what you need.  If you're HUD shows your SPI as TGP, then if you hold TMS AFT long, it will reset your SPI to STP.  Enjoy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1