Nvidia 465.89, HAGs, Game Mode, VR

Seems there is a new Nvidia driver that is supposed to fix several VR issues (465.89), I can say my experience seems to be very positive in DCS VR and I notice its seems much smoother now. I also saw that with this new release, for another sim, people are recommending to now have hardware accelerated GPU scheduling on and also windows game mode on. I haven't yet fully tested this but at the weekend I did mess around with the other sim, switch these on, didn't get that much better performance. However when I ran DCS I seemed to get very good frame rates. Getting full unprojected fps while looking into (down) the F18 cockpit, about 20K over Syria. I haven't ever had that. I thought it was all the driver then I realised that I had not switched these off...

I need to do some proper testing when I get time, but thought I see if anyone else has experienced anything similar with any of the above.

I also installed the driver and was pleasantly surprised. Before I installed it, I started DCS. A-10CII on Syria quick start, cold start. 23-30 fps on the ground. Better in flight up to 40 fps. With the new drivers I have almost 40 fps on the ground and in the air it was briefly more than 40 fps
i7 7700k RTX2070 32GB RAM VR RiftS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxTwo said:

HAGS still causes significant frame rate inconsistency for me, wouldn't recommend it.

I plan to do some testing, I won't be able to spend much time on it and its unlikely to be fully conclusive so good to get others feedback. You are on 465.89?

14 minutes ago, Robi Hobby said:

I also installed the driver and was pleasantly surprised. Before I installed it, I started DCS. A-10CII on Syria quick start, cold start. 23-30 fps on the ground. Better in flight up to 40 fps. With the new drivers I have almost 40 fps on the ground and in the air it was briefly more than 40 fps
i7 7700k RTX2070 32GB RAM VR RiftS

I take it this is new drivers alone, no other changes. It sounds like the driver could be a great improvement.

People, that's all pretty useless info if you don't post a bit detailed specs along with it.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

24 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

People, that's all pretty useless info if you don't post a bit detailed specs along with it.

I haven't done testing. It's gaining other peoples experience as I'm sure lots of people will have updated. 

My PC specs are irrelavent.

8 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

I haven't done testing. It's gaining other peoples experience as I'm sure lots of people will have updated. 

My PC specs are irrelavent.

I was not talking about YOU but in general.

And in test like this specs are relevant. Not everything, i'm not interrested in your pink PC case but the type of graphics card (1xxx, 20xx,30xx), CPU and RAM are important. Otherwise it's just useless.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

4 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

I was not talking about YOU but in general.

And in test like this specs are relevant. Not everything, i'm not interrested in your pink PC case but the type of graphics card (1xxx, 20xx,30xx), CPU and RAM are important. Otherwise it's just useless.

Its not meant to be a fps comparison thread. If people have done testing with before and after then fps or frametimes are helpful (% uplift would be even better). I'm really just after shared experiences to see if people are seeing change rather than anything else. As covered on many other performance threads so many people use the game differently is too difficult to compare fps accurately across systems. 

I'm not looking at FPS numbers either (i cap mine so i don't bother at anything higher then that, as long i can keep the capnumber up).

I just wonder what the effect is on different GPU cards. 

Where can I actually get those? Their drivers seem to be about as available as their cards are... (not just the file size, I can't DL the thing, it's deadlinked)

Screenshot 2021-04-07 12-26-45-nvidia-drivers-not-available.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eldur said:

Where can I actually get those? Their drivers seem to be about as available as their cards are... (not just the file size, I can't DL the thing, it's deadlinked)

Screenshot 2021-04-07 12-26-45-nvidia-drivers-not-available.jpg

I have Nvidia GeForce experience installed so it will do the driver updates on request - also has the option for clean install which is useful.

dang I just updated a few days ago and now another ones out. If it helps the VR scene Im in !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

No problems with so ever with this driver. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

My experience with HAGS is that it broke WMR automatic reprojection. Did not test with the latest driver.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Tested HAGS with my system and this new driver and got alot of stutters so I disabled it again. Does not work for me. 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

Start Date April 2020