Wondering if anyone can explain this..

I'm flying with a G2, spec in my siq, settings pretty much identical to S-O-H's.

If I run the "Mission Qualification - Supercarrier cold start" , Persian Gulf, from the FA-18C builtin missions, it always immediately puts my CPU into permanent red on FPSVR and my FPS into the low 30's. It has a couple of AI FA-18C's launching from catapults before me, 3 support vessels, a helo hovering by the carrier, a tanker and an AWACS.

However, If I create my own mission, same theatre, same supercarrier, same AI setup etc, my CPU is in the teens and I'm nicely locked at 45 FPS.

Doesn't make sense to me.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

37 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

Wondering if anyone can explain this..

I'm flying with a G2, spec in my siq, settings pretty much identical to S-O-H's.

If I run the "Mission Qualification - Supercarrier cold start" , Persian Gulf, from the FA-18C builtin missions, it always immediately puts my CPU into permanent red on FPSVR and my FPS into the low 30's. It has a couple of AI FA-18C's launching from catapults before me, 3 support vessels, a helo hovering by the carrier, a tanker and an AWACS.

However, If I create my own mission, same theatre, same supercarrier, same AI setup etc, my CPU is in the teens and I'm nicely locked at 45 FPS.

Doesn't make sense to me.

HI.

Maybe the builtin mission is crowded with scripts and/or other black magic! Go figure!

Saludos.

Saca111

Its the number and type of aircraft on the deck ... 

if you use full flyable player flyable hornets it all goes rats, if you use the AI hornets its all fine ... 

C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-COLD START Statics.miz

C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY Static Replace.miz

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Its the number and type of aircraft on the deck ... 

if you use full flyable player flyable hornets it all goes rats, if you use the AI hornets its all fine ... 

C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-COLD START Statics.miz 208.6 kB · 0 downloads

C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY Static Replace.miz 209 kB · 0 downloads

Nice one ! I'd been using that mission to gauge performance and thought I had a problem !

Thanks mate.

...and just tried your statics version..massive difference

Edited by ShaunX

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO