Cannot retract flaps on Case I Carrier Landing Training

stingray77

Hey

When training carrier landings over the last weekend (Training mission "Case I Carrier Landing") I noticed that after putting the flaps down, I am not able to retract them any more - not by selecting the flaps handle in the cockpit - and not by hitting the keyboard-key or assigned switch...!? The slats go back up, but the flaps won't...

Anyone else noticed?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

Ah okay!? I can try and check again...

But if not totally wrong, I did as per my Rio's/instructor's callout - at some 225kts plus minus......

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

2 hours ago, stingray77 said:

But if not totally wrong, I did as per my Rio's/instructor's callout - at some 225kts plus minus......

You might have pulled too hard after which could also jam the flaps.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hmm, he would already be close to rolling out on the reciprocal. If he had pulled too hard, that would have been the wrong play entirely. Is it possible that they oversped during the take off/carrier launch and he didn't notice? It's easy for some people to forget flaps, the Tomcat accellerates rather fast once you're flying level.

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Yep, looks like that was it! When checking again yesterday - and paying very close attention to not overspeed - I had no probs anymore...

Thanks for your hints. Guess I won't forget to keep a look on my speed in future...