Death recap in multiplayer missions

FoxTwo

There's zero feedback when I die in a multiplayer mission. Most of the time I have no idea if it's an A2A unit, a manpad, or a SAM site I didn't see.

It'd be nice to at least know what's killing me so I can come up with a strategy to deal with it, or learn from the death. As it stands now I respawn just as clueless as I was when I died, which in a game loop sense isn't a great experience.

I shouldn't have to run a 3rd party app (tacview) to be able to figure out what I did wrong. Trying to learn without anything other than binary alive/dead feedback is immensely frustrating.

8 hours ago, InfinityWingman said:

Do you have multiplayer chat turned on? That should report who or what killed you.

I think what he'd like to have is some sort of replay system that shows how he died built into the game. And in this case, I CAN agree that it would be nice to have such an option available, as well as a kill-replay system that shows you getting the kill. My guess is that it would 'save' the last 30 seconds before you got hit, and then the next ten seconds after, and this would only occur when you are actually killed in MP (to the point that F10 doesn't show you any longer)

Even if you knew what it was your side can only get info that they lost a unit there because you died. Any more info would be cheating in MP game.

If you survived/ejected you could pass on the info to friendly forces. Any replay should not be possible instantly because it could reveal the enemy positions.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria