Good control shortcuts.

Since the Apache hotas is a pure button flood and includes lots of multiple position toggle switches it would be really useful if we would get some shortcuts for them. 

For example: Instead of having to map all 4 positions of the symbology select switch, it would be great having a simple "up one position" and "down one position" bind which would save a lot of hotas real estate. The same applies for lots of other switches on the apache hotas, and it could make the difference between comfortably flying the apache in DCS or not.

9 hours ago, MRTX said:

Since the Apache hotas is a pure button flood and includes lots of multiple position toggle switches it would be really useful if we would get some shortcuts for them. 

For example: Instead of having to map all 4 positions of the symbology select switch, it would be great having a simple "up one position" and "down one position" bind which would save a lot of hotas real estate. The same applies for lots of other switches on the apache hotas, and it could make the difference between comfortably flying the apache in DCS or not.

Compared to other Modules, i feel the Apache has relative fewer buttons, switches and etc. Of course the collective is pretty unique with it double handle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spartans - Molon Labe

hace 1 hora, Bedouin dijo:

Compared to other Modules, i feel the Apache has relative fewer buttons, switches and etc. Of course the collective is pretty unique with it double handle.

Ermmm, nope.

Let's use the FA-18C hornet HOTAS as a reference, flight stick has 8 buttons, throttle has 9 buttons.

Now, the AH-64D HOCAS cyclic grip has 9 buttons, collective has 17 , left tedac handgrip has 12 and right tedac handgrip also has 12 buttons.

Besides, many of these are 4-way multistate buttons.

That said, the Apache has barely any console panels, restricted for emergency equipment, engine start, lighting, comms, jettison, and processor select, and some other basic stuff.

52 minutes ago, DaemonPhobos said:

Ermmm, nope.

Let's use the FA-18C hornet HOTAS as a reference, flight stick has 8 buttons, throttle has 9 buttons.

Now, the AH-64D HOCAS cyclic grip has 9 buttons, collective has 17 , left tedac handgrip has 12 and right tedac handgrip also has 12 buttons.

Besides, many of these are 4-way multistate buttons.

That said, the Apache has barely any console panels, restricted for emergency equipment, engine start, lighting, comms, jettison, and processor select, and some other basic stuff.

True about the Collective and Cyclic, i was more thinking about all the panels 😄 as you state there ain't that many..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spartans - Molon Labe

hace 17 minutos, Bedouin dijo:

True about the Collective and Cyclic, i was more thinking about all the panels 😄 as you state there ain't that many..

Yup, I love how clean the MANPRINT cockpit design actually is.

That said, the lack of panels means more stuff integrated into the MPDs.

The MPD displays are extremely complex and provide new things to DCS such as a terrain profile mode for the radar, 3D map for the TSD, stored image viewer, video recorder, customizable 2D maps such as SAT, city charts, elevation maps, free text messaging capability and much more.