Fighterstick Parts Source

elsmoko

The HAT's on top of grip are soldered in an PCB and this is not available as spare parts.

The side thumb HAT are modular and available in Mouser, Digikey, under APEM brand, for ~$35.

An HAT can be "overhauling" replacing the four tactile micro switches inside, of course require DIY skill and tools.

OUTSTANDING news !!  Thank you for the reply and the valuable information.

I have some tactile micro switches;  perhaps some that will fit.  I'll  follow up

here after the "rebuild".

Best regards,

Ken

In the CH hatswitches high quality OMRON tactiles are used. The exact type is OMRON B3F-1022.

If you are skilled at soldering, you can easily desolder the POV tactiles from the PCB and replace them with new ones. I have done the same on several CH sticks. Good luck! 🙂

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To Rel4y

Got the switches from Digi-Key.  The Fighterstick hat switches are replaced now and the stick is like new.

I marveled at the design > ie. all screws the same size,  all the micro switches appeared to be identical.

Most challenging part of the job (for me ~:) was separating the hat's micro switch "sandwich" .  I used a

very small steel punch and jewelers hammer to slowly and methodically drive the pieces apart.  Used an

electric vacuum solder extractor to de-solder the switches.  It all went quite well and I certainly thank you

for your tip concerning what switches to buy.  Now I'm ordering more switches to have on hand for when

others begin expiring.  My Fighterstick is well over a decade old.

BTW,  do you know of a good guide for disassembly of the Fighterstick gimbal assembly.  I've seen a few

Fighterstick reviews and disassembly guides; however they limit there presentations to the handle and the

bottom cover, and a little bit about the pots ~:)  But nothing about gimbal disassembly.

Best regards,

Ken

Edited by elsmoko
added info