"Attack my target/SPI" for AI wingman

Nealius

I'm having issues with AI wingman attacking targets 10~15 miles away from our tasked target, and frequently targeting groups of 4~5 vehicles a distance away from large groups of 15 vehicles that I'm engaging. Can we get an "attack my target" or "attack my SPI" command so the AI are actually useful?

Not sure if maybe I misunderstand you, but I think we already have that option.

Give your wing man the following commands:

1. Engage with...

2. Select "Armor" or whatever you want him to engage

3. Select the weapon, e.g. "Missile"

4. Select "Default". This is your SPI

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Given the cardinal directions listed below "Default," that should be attacking from a "default" direction. Perhaps from wherever he happens to be at the moment of the command instead of circling around to attack from the North/South/East/West.

You seem to believe that I don't know what I'm talking about? When you select 1 (= "Default") the message to wingman is "... at my SPI".

I have used it many times.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

No, I'm confused by ED's inaccurate nomenclature in the comms menu. If "Default" were changed to "at my SPI" then I wouldn't be asking these questions.

Nor would I be asking them if ED made an updated manual explaining the AI comms *shrugs*

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Definitely wish ED was clearer on this, I could've used this on may occasions but I didn't know about it... I hope when they finally revamp the comms system or at least add more relevant features they try and explain the madness to the masses...

ASUS Tuf X570 Pro Wifi | Ryzen 7 5800X | 4x8gb 3200Mhz GSkill/Crucial | Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI | 1 500gb Samsung 860 EVO Boot SSD | 2 500gb HDD | 500gb Crucial NVMe (With DCS install) | EVGA 650BQ  |  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TM TF Rudder Pedals | TrackIr 5 | A handy dandy notepad ; )

F-5E | A-10CII | F-14 | FC3 | F-16 | F/A-18 | M2kC | MiG-19 | Sa342 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | L-39 | C-101 | P-51D | FW-190 D-9 | F-86 | Combined Arms | Mi-24P | Mi-8 | NS430 | Apache | "Christian" Eagle II ✝️ | Mirage F1

Primary Aircraft = Strong Red | Secondary Aircraft = Orange | Rarely Used = Yellow | Dead Aircraft/Not Bound = Purple | Recent Spike of Use = Teal/Cyan/Aquamarine/Whatever you want to call this

1 час назад, Mordant сказал:

Definitely wish ED was clearer on this, I could've used this on may occasions but I didn't know about it... I hope when they finally revamp the comms system or at least add more relevant features they try and explain the madness to the masses...

Another offender is MiG-21, the commands are all over the place. Ka-50 is closer to standard in this regard, didn't notice any differences in other modules.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...