F-18 Startup Sound

Phantom_A320

Hello, 

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned (that I can find) this problem. There was an update a few updates back that completely ruined the startup sounds in the hornet for me. It used to have that awesome howl when starting the engines and now it sounds kinda like the sound file was inadvertently slowed down and the pitch shifted down as a result. Just sounds really bad.

The current sounds in DCS: https://streamable.com/0pb5bz

A much better sounding real hornet (what DCS used to sound like, video should be timestamped): 

Is there any plans to fix this?

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi

can I ask you to repeat and then save a track replay, and attach your dcs log from the same session. 

This will help us check for errors.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There was a thread related to this in Wishlist on the low-RPM effects. @btd specifically mentions increasing the length of the startup sound, but also that the parameters can be customized after others pointed out the timing of the spool-up can vary.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

18 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

There was a thread related to this in Wishlist on the low-RPM effects. @btd specifically mentions increasing the length of the startup sound, but also that the parameters can be customized after others pointed out the timing of the spool-up can vary.

I see, The length is fine its the pitch of it that is off now. Before the update it sounded pretty good. But now its too low.

• Like 1

• ED Team
15 hours ago, Phantom_A320 said:

Hello, 

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned (that I can find) this problem. There was an update a few updates back that completely ruined the startup sounds in the hornet for me. It used to have that awesome howl when starting the engines and now it sounds kinda like the sound file was inadvertently slowed down and the pitch shifted down as a result. Just sounds really bad.

Is there any plans to fix this?

You are definitely right. There is a bug with the initial pitch of the sound. You have perfect ears 🙂 I will fix it

• Thanks 1

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Fixed. Please watch the video below. If it is ok now, then please wait the fix in the nearest updates. Thanks

I'm not the OP and I can't help here, but I just wanted to say that you probably set a new record time for fixing something!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro