Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned (that I can find) this problem. There was an update a few updates back that completely ruined the startup sounds in the hornet for me. It used to have that awesome howl when starting the engines and now it sounds kinda like the sound file was inadvertently slowed down and the pitch shifted down as a result. Just sounds really bad.

The current sounds in DCS: https://streamable.com/0pb5bz

 

A much better sounding real hornet (what DCS used to sound like, video should be timestamped): 

 


Is there any plans to fix this?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

can I ask you to repeat and then save a track replay, and attach your dcs log from the same session. 

 

This will help us check for errors.

 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a thread related to this in Wishlist on the low-RPM effects. @btd specifically mentions increasing the length of the startup sound, but also that the parameters can be customized after others pointed out the timing of the spool-up can vary.

 

  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

There was a thread related to this in Wishlist on the low-RPM effects. @btd specifically mentions increasing the length of the startup sound, but also that the parameters can be customized after others pointed out the timing of the spool-up can vary.

 

I see, The length is fine its the pitch of it that is off now. Before the update it sounded pretty good. But now its too low.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Phantom_A320 said:

Hello, 

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned (that I can find) this problem. There was an update a few updates back that completely ruined the startup sounds in the hornet for me. It used to have that awesome howl when starting the engines and now it sounds kinda like the sound file was inadvertently slowed down and the pitch shifted down as a result. Just sounds really bad.

Is there any plans to fix this?

 

You are definitely right. There is a bug with the initial pitch of the sound. You have perfect ears 🙂 I will fix it

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fixed. Please watch the video below. If it is ok now, then please wait the fix in the nearest updates. Thanks
 
 
I'm not the OP and I can't help here, but I just wanted to say that you probably set a new record time for fixing something!
  • Haha 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 1:16 AM, btd said:

Fixed. Please watch the video below. If it is ok now, then please wait the fix in the nearest updates. Thanks

 

 

Excellent! Sounds perfect now. Great work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...