Rise of Flight formaly known as Knights of the Sky

EagleEye

You may have allready seen the news.

If no: The official website http://www.riseofflight.com is online with many pictures.

p21.jpg

p11.jpg

p10.jpg

You can find vids in higres here: http://wwiaircombat.com/index.php

:thumbup::cheer3nc:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It doesn't mention British or French pilots! Not as if there was an extensive air war prior to 1917 though.. obviously.

The war had hardly started! :)

Ahem, I forget my manners lol. The air combat in the video looked amazing, simple, and very fun.

I'd love to land a Sopwith Camel on a dirt strip though. Biggles, my hero! (childrens books by Capt WE Johns) :(

Edited by CE_Mikemonster
typo's

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Interesting info:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2678978/Re_System_Requirements_Redux.html#Post2678978

Will the two cores of a Core Duo CPU be actively working on simulation tasks rather than one core doing operating system housekeeping and not actively making the sim run at higher framerate

ROF have separated threads architecture, so two/four cores will work. Actually we have exact numbers of trials of core duo vs core quad, and core quad works 30-40% faster than core duo with ROF

Has the PhysX API any chance of being used under RoF and future son-of-RoF simulations btw?

Ming

Negative for release (we just havnt time to do it right now).

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

This sim will be absolutely fun! Can't wait. It seems there is really good simulators in the future ahead.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 4 months later...

I have ROF now. It has some of the best, yes, best flight modeling of any simulator on the market today. Comes with 4 flyable aircraft with a lot of detail and more planes are coming since it is a modular design. There are a few rough edges but Neoqb is committed in evolving the product. I say if you want to fly an old WWI crate, ROF is the closest to the real thing IMO.

Yeah that was a good patch. I was having a tough time controlling the aircraft, but now things are much smoother. Plus two free planes, plus the promise of more patches and planes to come!

MUUUUCH better after that patch. Totally +1 this post....actually made this game a 5 to a 7.5 so far for me :)

this sim any good .?

It's pretty good, if you LOVE WWI you'll probably really like it, I'm fairly impartial to the great war and it's aviation so it's not my most simmed sim.

It was super buggy initially (english version) but the update helped and the additional two planes helped out (2 with release, 2 more with update).

But before you rush out and buy this sim. It requires internet connection for both single and multi player. It comes with only 2 aircraft, and the first patch adds two more, but in some countries you get less. But as a sim its brillant, great graphics, and the model scaling is beautiful. Its not the same as screaming thru the air at mach 1.5 like Lock-On, its fragile, and you need to fly the aircraft from start to finish.

If you love WW1, your going to love it.

Edited by Herbs107

We're up to 5 aircraft now (4 for free, one for $7.62 in the online store). Five is plenty. Not every sim needs be like IL-2 with dozens and dozens of available aircraft (nor did IL-2 even start out like that). And for a paltry (and amusing) $7.62, I'll keep buying them as they come out. I'm happy to support the developers, as they've done a terrific job with RoF. I agree with their business model, as laid out in the "vision statement" they released recently.