Outside F2 View from far not right

Lot2Learn

Hi all,

Can somoene tell me why with a skin over the plane, when I try to have a look from let's say about 5-6 mouse scroll, skins return to under layer, I don't see my paint kit when the plane is smaller. I've saved the PSD with Nvidia texture tool in DDS format BC7 with 12 mip map levels.

Thanks

Hey there, there is a file called HB_F14_LOD1_3in1.dds - it contains some low resolution views of a skin. You have to put your livery there as well - if you open that file, you'll understand what I mean. 

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Hey Tomcatter87,

Thank you very much, I seen the file before but didn't know how to address the thing. Finally today after I've seen your post I got the picture and found the way to do it. Now it works, thanks again.

• Like 1

You're very welcome. It's kinda annoying to update that file, so far I didnt find any other way then to copy the textures and to fit them manually into that file.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

If you do it right in a PSD you can actually link external dds files in each layer, so you can then enable/disable them and right click, and hit "update modified content". Photoshop will then go through and read through the current folder and update changes.

I think you can actually even drag a DDS file into the photoshop window to accomplish this, but it's been a while.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]