Apparently, Cap has got his hands on the update...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2 hours ago, LightningF6 said:

Everything seems to fall into that guys lap!

Marc

Actually content creators have access to our DEV builds, the last 2 Growling Sidewinder featuring the JAS-39 were with a similar build, it is a good way of promoting the mod and not getting a billion questions regarding how to employ the systems on release day!

• Like 2

Hi @everyone v1.5 is officially out! Get your new Gripen on our GitHub; don't forget to have a look at the changelog... over 200 changes! : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C

Check out the launch trailer made by Fox2 Productions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-e7Z7P8aoQ

Join us on discord: https://discord.gg/zERUgqTKRP

If the GitHub download not working for you please use this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yrnes_sxhTqVEU6b9WPU0Dfzhpt1SDLx/view?usp=sharing

Edited by whisky.actual
  • Thanks 5

Amazing 👌

Would have only one suggestion, please the look of the textures inside the cockpit a bit worn out, at least there where the pilot has a contact with stuff. Now its all way too clean, and it looks, you know, kind of strange, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I know its a free mod, but just some idea, to make the whole thing more natural.

Hi,

The new V1.5 update is another move to the real Gripen, in addition, functional mirrors have been restored, which is great, please continue your fantastic work. Pet

• Like 1

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

For the cockpit textures they are WIP, for the brakes you need to bind them correctly. Look in the axis or for Gripen brakes. For the Mat2 I will need to investigate, not understanding your comment about exaggerated. For liveries the setup is different look at the help here : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C/blob/Master/Mods/aircraft/JAS39/Liveries/description_example.lua

• Like 1

Thank you to all of the developers, testers, admins, creators, and every last one involved in the project creating JAS 39 Gripen for DCS. 
I sincerely hope that the community can show you all the respect you deserve. ❤️

• Like 2

22 hours ago, petsild said:

The brakes work normally. . .

Howdy all, I have even press LAlt+A and LCtrl+A, and W key and doesn't work even in new version, yes I know the guys might be and still working hard to make it much better, take care and great work.

Best Regards

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, Sandmonkee said:

1. It seems rather slow. Max speed at mil power is about 450 kn and at max afterburner it's about 550. That was level flight with no loadout, or even pylons (did I mention it looks gorgeous???). Is this speed intended? My limited googling tells me it has a top speed of close to 1500 kn in real life.

Hi there

I just tried the new version and it sure is beautiful! The cockpit looks fantastic. 

I am still having the same issues with the speed though. I feel like I must be doing something wrong. In level flight, with no ordinance, at 10000 ft, on full afterburner I can't break 500 knots. Diving from 30000 feet at full afterburner I can just barely get up to 550 knots.

Is this behavior intended? It doesn't seem realistic to me (it's slower than my Harrier!). Or like I said, maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

Thanks for any help.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

5 hours ago, Sarabi said:

Howdy all, I have even press LAlt+A and LCtrl+A, and W key and doesn't work even in new version, yes I know the guys might be and still working hard to make it much better, take care and great work.

Best Regards

For brakes you need to bind them to the specials function and this needs to be done in each airframe:

image.png 

OR

Also can be done in axis:

image.png

For the comment on max speed I noticed it also, we did some SFM changes that seem to have impacted the max speed. We will investigate.

Regards,

Whisky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sarabi said:

Best Regards

The brake function for the keyboard does not really work, but it is fully functional when using the analog axis.

• Like 2

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:07 PM, whisky.actual said:

For brakes you need to bind them to the specials function and this needs to be done in each airframe:

image.png

OR

Also can be done in axis:

image.png

For the comment on max speed I noticed it also, we did some SFM changes that seem to have impacted the max speed. We will investigate.

Regards,

Whisky

6 hours ago, petsild said:

The brake function for the keyboard does not really work, but it is fully functional when using the analog axis.

Thanks guys, rushing to bind the controllers I missed that, take care

Best Regards

On 7/26/2021 at 2:33 AM, whisky.actual said:

For the cockpit textures they are WIP, for the brakes you need to bind them correctly. Look in the axis or for Gripen brakes. For the Mat2 I will need to investigate, not understanding your comment about exaggerated. For liveries the setup is different look at the help here : https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C/blob/Master/Mods/aircraft/JAS39/Liveries/description_example.lua

I have also noticed the probelm with the roughmet to mat2. It is not working. I even tried to change the default roughmets mat1 works fine but mat2 is unaffected by the roughmet file

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

On 7/27/2021 at 12:18 AM, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there

I just tried the new version and it sure is beautiful! The cockpit looks fantastic. 

I am still having the same issues with the speed though. I feel like I must be doing something wrong. In level flight, with no ordinance, at 10000 ft, on full afterburner I can't break 500 knots. Diving from 30000 feet at full afterburner I can just barely get up to 550 knots.

Is this behavior intended? It doesn't seem realistic to me (it's slower than my Harrier!). Or like I said, maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

Thanks for any help.

Hey! 

We did some tests and could not replicate what you are describing. With a clean plane at 10000 feet it reaches 748 kts Indicated airspeed, 876 kts True air speed or Mach 1.37. The top speed gradually increases with altitude up to roughly 41000 feet where it tops out at 600 IAS, 1256 TAS or Mach 2.2 (bear in mind that acceleration above mach 2 is very slow).

Can you provide a track or tacview file?

2 hours ago, fatspacepanda said:

Hey! 

We did some tests and could not replicate what you are describing. With a clean plane at 10000 feet it reaches 748 kts Indicated airspeed, 876 kts True air speed or Mach 1.37. The top speed gradually increases with altitude up to roughly 41000 feet where it tops out at 600 IAS, 1256 TAS or Mach 2.2 (bear in mind that acceleration above mach 2 is very slow).

I will try to do this for you! Can I just attach it to this thread? (Sorry I'm a bit new here)

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

3 hours ago, fatspacepanda said:

Ok here you go!

jas39.trk