• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that Nightstorm had modern missiles working with f-22 again, with his enchancement mod. How is situation with gripen wpns at the moment. Clearly somebody has finally got touch on ED msl changes 🙂 IF gripens european missiles does not work, just wonder could I thumble those AIM-120D-3´s of f22 to gripen? But the mainquestion: Do the wpns of Gripen commmunity mod work as they are now? If not is there any known way to get em working? Thanks for GREAT work with the mod. Gripen has been my favourite plane, pretty much since it was born. - Lasse, Finland- 

Edited by Wiggo

Hi all,

we are currently looking into fixing some of the issues of the mod @currenthill already provided a patch for the weapons. As you may know, 2.9 had several impacts on mods and we are still figuring out ways to fix them. Thank you all for your patience, on a brighter note, our new 3D exterior model is done and we are currently working on the textures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hi 

Is it only me having problem flying JAS Gripen in VR? I can fly it without VR. 

From the Error Log;

2024-01-30 17:44:06.926 ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [JAS39Gripen_BVR]: Corrupt damage model.
2024-01-30 17:44:06.989 ERROR   VISUALIZER (Main): ILV for cockpit 'Jas-39-CPT' not found

Thanks in advance, Really want this Mod to work, my favorite 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 5:51 PM, CipherHH said:

Hi 

Is it only me having problem flying JAS Gripen in VR? I can fly it without VR. 

From the Error Log;

2024-01-30 17:44:06.926 ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [JAS39Gripen_BVR]: Corrupt damage model.
2024-01-30 17:44:06.989 ERROR   VISUALIZER (Main): ILV for cockpit 'Jas-39-CPT' not found

Thanks in advance, Really want this Mod to work, my favorite 😉

In VR it crashes everytime for me.

Starting a quick action mission it half loads the cockpit before it crashes, loading from the mission editor it crashes four seconds later after pressing the "fly" button.

In 2D it works fine.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:51 PM, CipherHH said:

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hi there,

I love the Gripen and when I found that there was a DCS mod I got really excited. Ive downloaden the files and dropped them in the correct mannner in my mod/aircraft folder. I tried out a training mission and after that flew the Gripen in a custom mission with friends. After about 1 hout into the game my DCS crashed. After that I was unable to join any DCS servers online.

Found out that the Gripen mod folder caused the problem. I had to delete the mod in order to be able to play DCS. Is there a way to make the mod working properly? Thanks!

3 hours ago, SketchFrenk said:

Hi there,

I love the Gripen and when I found that there was a DCS mod I got really excited. Ive downloaden the files and dropped them in the correct mannner in my mod/aircraft folder. I tried out a training mission and after that flew the Gripen in a custom mission with friends. After about 1 hout into the game my DCS crashed. After that I was unable to join any DCS servers online.

Found out that the Gripen mod folder caused the problem. I had to delete the mod in order to be able to play DCS. Is there a way to make the mod working properly? Thanks!

Without a log it's impossible to help, ED is also making some major changes to the weapon systems that is creating several conflicts with mods, thus we are waiting for the next patch before implementing a fix 

• Thanks 3

So I know that this mod is having issues. But I have never had a mod tank FPS. I'm talking 60-80 down to 12. Is that because of the eradic canard/exhaust movement? Either way, like people are stating. This mod is broken until an update. Thank you @whisky.actual for not bailing on this mod. Appreciate your hard work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 3:30 PM, RaptorFighter said:

Have You tried to fix the error?

Hey,  just noticed that ships are affected by this Mod- and yes, i see the comments the codename flanker mod had this issue, but their last patch fixed it

I spotted this post by @RaptorFighter quoting @Urbi, who made fixes-

but when i try to download these attachments, it gives me a error

I searched this entire topic's 16 pages- but the ORIGINAL post that raptorfighter quoted- is deleted?

Does anyone else have the fixed lua files that can upload them so we can download them and fix all boats disappearing ?

Edited by Zapon

Through luck, found another funny- some weapons break when the Gripen mod is installed-

I recently downloaded the Mig 31 mod, was trying the Mig 31K with the kinzhal nuke- it kept detonating right after release, after a few seconds for no reason

I already know ships don't work(and the tempfix download i found in the discord doesn't seem to fix it for me, supercarriers still dont appear )- because of DCS changes that will require a mod update- but it occurred to me- they had been trying to find the problem by tweaking a weapons  lua. And the kinzhal is a weapon so there is a small chacne perhaos that it's affected???

- so i tried deactivating the gripen mod- and sure enough, the kinzhal stopped exploding instantly

..So it was triggering as if it was near a target i guess- but more importantly, no one knows that weapons can be affected as well that aren't from the gripen mod. So i figured i would let people know there might be more weird issues - and not just ships/ground units, but weapons too. This took me like 6 to 8 hours of constantly trying to figure out  what was going wrong, lol. I really lucked out in finding it.

16 minutes ago, Zapon said:

Through luck, found another funny- some weapons break when the Gripen mod is installed-

I recently downloaded the Mig 31 mod, was trying the Mig 31K with the kinzhal nuke- it kept detonating right after release, after a few seconds for no reason

I already know ships don't work(and the tempfix download i found in the discord doesn't seem to fix it for me, supercarriers still dont appear )- because of DCS changes that will require a mod update- but it occurred to me- they had been trying to find the problem by tweaking a weapons  lua. And the kinzhal is a weapon so there is a small chacne perhaos that it's affected???

- so i tried deactivating the gripen mod- and sure enough, the kinzhal stopped exploding instantly

..So it was triggering as if it was near a target i guess- but more importantly, no one knows that weapons can be affected as well that aren't from the gripen mod. So i figured i would let people know there might be more weird issues - and not just ships/ground units, but weapons too. This took me like 6 to 8 hours of constantly trying to figure out  what was going wrong, lol. I really lucked out in finding it.

Currenthill had offered their own solution, so I removed mine. Trying makes you smart. Try it again. the contents of the rar come to Weapons/Loadouts. overwrite files.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/semtayxjczhcybn7id6i1/Loadouts.rar?rlkey=28atrpiosr3vf8uips6eyqzmk&dl=0

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA
Monitor 108 cm ACER PREDATOR CG437K 7680x4320-120Hz, power supply 2000 watts

The fix on the Gripen discord got the MOD working for me. I think, maybe......

I've encounter a strange issue. I have MOD aircraft that will sometime take no damage from missiles hit ? I have no way to know if this is related to the Gripen but after reading that someone had some other issues that would not be your typical "conflict issue" I thought I'd report it here.

I'll removed the Gripen to see if maybe it's causing this.

Not 100 percent sure but I think it's radar missile that seem to hit but not destroy the plane. And it seems to depend on what angle it hits the plane as some missile hits do destroy the plane as they should.

At first I thought it was an issues with a new MOD I was testing but then I saw it happen on an older one that was working well. And it just occurred to me this started after I got the Gripen working again,.

On 4/4/2023 at 5:49 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Not every DCS user has VR, I fly with a headtracker.

I basically previously thought of it as a must to use VR, but changed my priorities. To me, having 3 physical mfds with displays feels awesome. Like having the actual aircraft computers in my pit. 🙂

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.