Unit Outside Moving Zone Not Working

boo_n_817

I have a simple trigger that activates some bad guys when my Hornet takes off the carrier and leaves the moving zone, which is assigned to the carrier. I'm starting cold, so roughly 30 seconds into the startup process, the bad guys spawn... but I haven't moved. I've used this type of trigger a hundred times with no problems, so why now? Anyone else having the same issue?

Can't speak to the actual issue, but my first thought for a workaround-

Turn a flag on when the player spawns in, then check for both FLAG IS TRUE and UNIT OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE.

I've seen occasional weirdness with speed or zone conditions looking for players as they spawn in, particularly in multiplayer, without some additional short timer or check.

8 hours ago, boo_n_817 said:

I have a simple trigger that activates some bad guys when my Hornet takes off the carrier and leaves the moving zone, which is assigned to the carrier. I'm starting cold, so roughly 30 seconds into the startup process, the bad guys spawn... but I haven't moved. I've used this type of trigger a hundred times with no problems, so why now? Anyone else having the same issue?

No, the trigger "out of moving zone" is working correctly on my side. Maybe you made a mistake or something broke on your trigger for a reason ? Here a .miz example with Hornet cold start on Roosevelt carrier moving at 25km/h, and a trigger that displays a message when you leave the carrier's moving zone (roughly size of the carrier) by taking off. It works correctly.

test-out of moving zone.miz

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. This is a head scratcher for sure. I added a sound to the trigger just to test it. Start the mission, my plane is on the deck and approx 30 seconds in, the bad guys spawn but I get no sound! I've got some gremlins somewhere. 🙂 I'll just figure out another way to spawn the bad guys.  Thanks again!