VKG MCG Ultimate Center Hat problems

Photronix

Anyone having trouble getting consistent operation of the Center Hat?  Axes don't work well in Ministick and only goes into 4W hat on restart.

Could be software related but the button response is intermittent.  I have tried all of the stick modules with the same results.  Just received the stick last week.  I have tried v2_2, v2_2_5, and others.

I'm not having any problem with the top center hat.

I substituted the analog ministick for the four way hat with push and it's working fine

Both firmware versions I know of are at v2_02_5 and you selet the firmware for either twist or non twist

What is the exact problem you are having? Is it failing to register a button? That could be software related you can use the VKB_Dev_Config program to tailor the buttons to what you need

VKB has a nice video tutorial on how to

https://youtu.be/nEJk0yytoXw

I've attached the firmware files, I'm running a non twist stick so using that version, I also calibrated the stick and base after uploading the firmware to be sure all was Ok

Perhaps you could try them

_BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_Twist_v2_02_5.vkb _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_v2_02_5.vkb

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Photronix said:

Anyone having trouble getting consistent operation of the Center Hat?  Axes don't work well in Ministick and only goes into 4W hat on restart.

Could be software related but the button response is intermittent.  I have tried all of the stick modules with the same results.  Just received the stick last week.  I have tried v2_2, v2_2_5, and others.

Can you clarify what exactly you mean by " I have tried all of the stick modules with the same results."?

That top middle hat that comes installed on the Ultimate can be either a POV hat or two relative axis. Depending on how long you press in on the Hat button. Might you be accidently switching it from one to the other?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have tried each of the supplied hats/ministicks in the ultimate kit.  Modules work in the Gate slot but not the center top slot.  For example, in discrete button button contacts on the test screen flicker on and off.  Pressing sometimes registers on the correct button and other times shows up as two contacts even once the stick is centered.  As a ministick there is fast movement on the axes test screen in one direction and slow in the other.  At times the movement is only in one direction.  The MCU they are using for analog-to-digital conversion and communication for the hats probably has an incorrect resistor value on the hat inputs to the MCU or an SMD is off the pad.  

I will fill out a support ticket.  I just don't want to loose my stick for a week.  Don't let my troubles deter anyone from buying one.  It is really fantastic.

Thanks for the help.  I was curious if anyone else had a problem.

Edited by Photronix
  • Like 2

Let us know how you get on

Sorry to hear that's happened, I feel your pain I hate when something like this happens

I did have problems with a Mamba a loooong time back and VKB were very responsive

Fingers' crossed for you