FBW G-Limiter AA else CHARGES not working as expected

It seems that the "FBW G-Limiter AA else CHARGES" does not work as expected. As I read it, it should go AA as long as the key is pressed, and CHARGES if released, and this actually works for a long-press of the key. Instead, when I just press the key and release it immediately, it acts like a toggle. I expect it to do a quick AA/CHARGES cycle and stay down instead.

Edited by =36=Witcher

This kind of bind is normally used for 2 position switch and allow to mimic the real switch on the aircraft. So it works as expected. 

There's another bind that is doing what you want and that I'm currently using. Should be used with push button.I'll get you the name.  

Edited by Steph21
Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid this is not what I'm talking about.

You see, all this comes from the fact that through Thrustmaster TARGET I'm "simulating" a two way-switch: if I quick press a button on a Thrustmaster MFD I quicly send 1 and then 0 (to "reset" the switch, because it seems that the 0 is not registered if I enter the cockpit in AA position until I send 1 at least once), if I long press it I send 1. So I expect that when I send a 1 and immediately after that a 0 (which mimics a physical switch up/down), the switch should stay CHARGES in the end, not toggling every time.

Edited by =36=Witcher

Ok so that might be linked to Target. I stopped using it a while ago.

Anyway, here is the bind for FBW Limiter toggle: "FBW G-Limiter Mode TOGGLE".

Just map it to your OSB on the Thrusmaster MFD, and you will be fine.

Yeah, but this way I will have a toggle, which is not what I would like to. Of course I will resort to it if I should find any other solution... that could be to add a small delay between press and delay.

Thanks for the inputs, it's been a constructive discussion 🙂

Posted (edited)

Ok, the more I play with it, the more I realize that probably the better thing would be to introduce "single state" alternative bindings. In other words, now we have "FBW G-Limiter Toggle" and "FBW AA else CHARGES". Well, in order to accomplish what I want, the cleaner way would be to also have "FBW AA" and "FBW CHARGES". By the way, it seems that other switches already have those (e.g. Master Arm, TDC Mode) while others don't (e.g. FBW Charges, Gun Arm, Radar B-Scope).

Is there a chance we could get these bindings in the future?

Edited by =36=Witcher

If you look at the default.lua bind file, this bind is doing nothing else than moving the cockpit switch, to AA when the device sends a 1, to CHARGES when the device sends a 0. If you think you are sending quickly a 1 then a 0, and it doesn’t end up at CHARGES, that’s either because you are not sending what you think with TARGET, or because DCS or DirectX mess up the events, by filtering out the 0 or swapping them because they are simultaneous. You should check with a joystick event logging tool what TARGET is really sending.