Allow reloading of USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua in game

As you guys are probably aware, the file USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua defines the CATs, spawn/parking positions and taxi routes on the Supercarrier. As some of us have discovered, modifying this file can produce significantly improved deck movements for different situations. It’s possible to disable CATs for launch, change spawn/parking points etc. You can see some of the work being done here.

Unfortunately, this file is only loaded on DCS startup, so any modification or change applied remains applied for the entire session. To make the most of the endless possibilities available, what we really need is the ability to force this file to be refreshed/reloaded via a trigger, mid game. Users could then setup a number of different “templates” so to speak, and activate them as required. This one change alone (allowing the reloading of the .lua) would enable a number of often requested features, such as disabling CATs, realistic Cyclic Ops etc. Users could tie the triggers to custom F10 menus to have complete control of the deck.

Edited by norman99
  • Like 3

+9999999999

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD