Any plans from ED to update the infantry?

Hi guys,

I am wondering since I could have missed it. Was there any announcements made by ED to update the look/feel/animations of the infantry at some point soon? I think you will agree with me that the infantry selections and animations  are extremely limited for a 2021 sim.

With the Apache coming, which is well known to control enemy infantry on the ground in all the middle east conflicts, it would be a good time for ED to give nicer animations in our FLIR display.

Would also LOVE to see some civilians units, which could be used largely in missions design for all the choppers that will show up in the next few months (apache, hind, OH-58...)

What is your take on this?

• Like 3

Yes, NL already mentioned the Infantry will be getting an update. It was recently brought to my attention that the Georgian soldier has a really good model and animation. I started using that model instead of the USA soldier model. Check it out.

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G2 | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The WW2 soldiers has better animation. And waiting if ED use Motion Capture technology to improve the infantry, as has maked the carrier deck crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

civilians have always been missing - I'd love to have an ME unit that I can attach triggers too.  There is a nuance to CAS around confirming hostiles and minimizing collateral that is missing.  I want to punish cowboy trigger itch in my missions if i can.

give us some animations where they can accrue hints toward hostility... burying IED animation, uncovering an AK animation, give us reasons to have real conversations between our gunners/pilots.

• Like 3

""This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

9 hours ago, dooom said:

civilians have always been missing - I'd love to have an ME unit that I can attach triggers too.  There is a nuance to CAS around confirming hostiles and minimizing collateral that is missing.  I want to punish cowboy trigger itch in my missions if i can.

give us some animations where they can accrue hints toward hostility... burying IED animation, uncovering an AK animation, give us reasons to have real conversations between our gunners/pilots.

Exactly! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, dooom said:

So much this. Would also be nice for infantry to be managable as squads as opposed to a bunch single vehicles in a group that pretend to be human not cars.

• Like 3