AI not following waypoints/altitudes/speed

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the AI to follow waypoints, speed and altitudes in my missions.

Sometimes they just go home, sometimes they orbit around the airfield they took off from and sometimes they do follow the route, but they don't climb to altitude or use afterburner the entire time instead of maintaining 350kts. 

Is there a way to correct this or is this just ED AI at it's space cadet-iest?

• Like 1

Would you be able to post a track? The information is too vague to determine the problem.

My best guesses would be that the AI is reacting to enemy SAM's near by (you need to set Reaction to Threat to Evade Fire), you're using the small airports with no taxiways, these are terrible unless you launch aircraft from the runway because they will wait minutes between the takeoff of each unit. The flight lead will orbit at WP1 and wait for the flight if needed. You are overloading the aircraft, so they have to use AB just to stay in the air.

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files