TGP HSD page indicator with HARM selected

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

• Solution
33 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

This sounds like the HTS pod function. Not sure if it's the same with TGP. 

Also, by saying SA page, you mean HSD? SA page is for the Hornet. 

Yes the HSD

SA = Situational Awareness, HSD Horizontal Situational Display, same function different name;P

Anyway I was hoping to find out, on the real USAF Block 50, does it show where the targeting pod is looking on the HSD while HARM is selected weapon, cause atm we do not have that indication of a TGP position.

• Like 1

I don't recall this being a function in the F-16 from any other sims I've experienced, no idea about the real jet.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• Furiz changed the title to TGP HSD page indicator with HARM selected
vor 8 Minuten schrieb Frederf:

As far as I know there is no direct indication of TGP LOS on HSD ever. There is the "AG ghost" cross but that's SPI which can be from TGP but only when it's providing SPI. Similarly no TGP LOS marker in HUD or helmet either.

Yes. Heard they wanted to include it in a newer pod, but afaik the current HTS does not have that functionality.

We don't even have the HTS pod yet in DCS, and it'll probably be more than a year until we do.

HTS doesn't get good enough to be pointing TGP at emitters until you start networking pods and other assets which is super cutting edge. F-16 has had the ability to potentially show TGP LOS for about 30 years. The designers chose not to. It just seems to be counter to the whole design philosophy.

6 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Yes if you mean the sniper pod

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

A whole lot more. With the ccip the sniper pod gkt the s3 software and can see with it all kind of points

Talking about the sniper pod, i remember that thing being part of a priority feature list we had to vote for at some point for the future dev of the F-16. When the "results" of that poll came out, it was written that the sniper pod was a priority as from the players. Never heard a thing about it since than, so my question is, is it still a thing to come up one day ? Does ED still plan on creating it for the 16 sooner or later ?

16 hours ago, Frederf said:

HTS doesn't get good enough to be pointing TGP at emitters until you start networking pods and other assets which is super cutting edge. F-16 has had the ability to potentially show TGP LOS for about 30 years. The designers chose not to. It just seems to be counter to the whole design philosophy.

I know the RFI of the AH-64D was able to provide rough cueing information to the FCR. The FCR returns where then matched to the RFI hits generating a location where TADS could be slaved to. The pre 2000 -64D was ahead of it's time but I was kind of hoping the 2007 block 50 would have caught up.

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/ah-64-mfp-1-33.htm