Can I make the AI take on a “little” gas when AAR?

norman99

Flying the Hornet, is it possible to get my AI wingmen to take on a little gas, say 5000lbs, when instructed to AAR?

Often, when returning to the carrier from a mission, my wingmen are significantly lower on fuel than I am. Whilst I may be arriving back with 3000-5000lbs, they’ll have less and need a refuel to avoid possibly ejecting in the arrival pattern. However, when refuelling prior to landing, AI always fill up the tanks completely, putting themselves way over max landing weight. Is there any way to limit how much fuel they take on?

Thanks. I gave it a try, and they will disconnect as soon as the rejoin call is issued. Unfortunately the rate they seem to receive fuel seems considerably different to a player aircraft, so predicting when to call them off is extremely difficult.

I might just make a wishlist item to split the refuel command into two, "Full fuel", and a "Fuel to land", option, which would fuel the aircraft up to max landing weight.

Thanks. I gave it a try, and they will disconnect as soon as the rejoin call is issued. Unfortunately the rate they seem to receive fuel seems considerably different to a player aircraft, so predicting when to call them off is extremely difficult.

I recall that someone wrote a script that'd tell you your flight member's fuel state, sounds like it'd help you. I don't remember anything more about it, but you might want to check it out.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks. Exocet has helped me out with the script side of things when I asked in another post. Here’s his response for anyone interested.

I didn’t think of using it in this case, but it’s a good idea. It should make timing the rejoin call much easier. I’ll have a think how best to implement it. Maybe I can get it to automatically display wingmen fuel quantity upon using the “go to tanker” command.🤔 

Edited by norman99
  • Like 1