Vaicom Pro TX not using correct TX channel

Devastator

18 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Do both of you use the SRS integration in Vaicom or run it separately?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

I do use SRS integration, only have noticed the problem during SP gameplay though. SRS doesn't run during my SP though. Hard to duplicate, but if I encounter it again, I'll pause and uncheck that box.  

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I am totally shooting in the dark as I don't know how Vaicom is built and don't use SRS, but I believe they both share the export.lua file in saved games \ scripts.

It might be worth making a copy of this file and then changing the order of the Vaicom and SRS lines around to see what happens.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I understand, but I am pretty sure it is not Vaicom since the log seems to be showing that you are transmitting on the correct channel and it is therefore another programme that is doing it. I also think if it was a core Vaicom issue we would have had a lot more issues showing here or on the Discord channel.

Have you tried changing the order of the entries in the Export.lua to see if it does anything? The other option (having made a copy of the export.lua) is to leave only the Vaicom line in there and then have a quick flight to see if it works on its own.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go 🙂

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Just one thing, this script is under the DCS folder (users, saved games) and not under DCS.openbeta (there is no scripts folder here)

Here you go

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Just one thing, this script is under the DCS folder (users, saved games) and not under DCS.openbeta (there is no scripts folder here)

If you start Vaicom, open the Vaicom config and then press the Diag button on the Help tab, what paths does it say it is using for saved games?

Here you go

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Looks fine, except I believe TacView wants to be last.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

If you start Vaicom, open the Vaicom config and then press the Diag button on the Help tab, what paths does it say it is using for saved games?

I cant see a Diag button in Vaicom Pro Config tab 😞

I cant see a Diag button in Vaicom Pro Config tab
It is on the Help tab

11 minutes ago, Devastator said:

Anyway, it looks okay, and never mind my comment on the screenshots. I went back to the first post, and you did that already.

BUT!!!!! I'm on my computer now, and I noticed something in your first shots that made me curious. Why have you set the dial to Multi and not Norm?

Cheers!

17 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Okay.
Can you post your setup of how you have configured your TX buttons?
Also, have you tried with select commands?

@MAXsenna I think from the earlier conversation on this that the issue is not with the TX buttons - the VA / Vaicom log shows the correct TX being used to issue the command, but the comms are only happening on one channel (so TX1 even if Vaicom is showing TX2 being used). I think there is some SRS conflict going on since Devastator has a screenshot of a message appearing top right which is to do with the channel players are tuned to, and then the problems start - other people have stated they think this is an SRS message (it could also be VoiceChat but I think Devastator said he had this disabled). This definitely sounds like some kind of conflict, but working out what is causing it is fun (especially as I have never used SRS so not looked into how to setup and use it)

@MAXsenna I think from the earlier conversation on this that the issue is not with the TX buttons - the VA / Vaicom log shows the correct TX being used to issue the command, but the comms are only happening on one channel (so TX1 even if Vaicom is showing TX2 being used). I think there is some SRS conflict going on since Devastator has a screenshot of a message appearing top right which is to do with the channel players are tuned to, and then the problems start - other people have stated they think this is an SRS message (it could also be VoiceChat but I think Devastator said he had this disabled). This definitely sounds like some kind of conflict, but working out what is causing it is fun (especially as I have never used SRS so not looked into how to setup and use it)
Yup! You're quite right. But I have both SRS and Voice comms enabled, even if I don't use them, sans problems.
I would just like to see if there is a conflict between, the same physical joystick buttons setup for the same TX, VA PTT and the comms keys in DCS modules. Can't really think of other conflicts.

do you guys need any other screenshots from settings? If so, I can gladly do it as this problem kills the game play
Just make sure you haven't any conflicts with joystick buttons. I don't have this issue. But I'm really SP only.

do you guys need any other screenshots from settings? If so, I can gladly do it as this problem kills the game play
@Devastator - i think from our earlier conversations you said that you didn't use the SRS integration inside Vaicom. How do you have your system set up to do this?

Does Vaicom work as expected in Single Player mode? If not, if you comment out the SRS line in your Export.lua does it then work?

• Like 1

I suspect that VAICOMPRO is conflicting with other lua code that modifies DCS. Some suggestions to help isolate the problem: Turn off VOIP integration. Disable all mods and do a DCS repair to make sure no mods are interfering. Delete export.lua completely so that VAICOMPRO can create a clean version with no SRS, Tacview, etc. (Note that if the SRS line is in export.lua then some SRS code runs when DCS is running even if the SRS client is not running.)  Test using ATC rather than AWACS. Test in SP, not MP. Test in a very simple mission to be sure that mission scripting is not a contributing factor.  

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals