Vaicom Pro TX not using correct TX channel

Devastator

I have a really weird problem with Vaicom Pro... I own two modules and by both of them I am facing a radio which is not working

1- F/A-18C

By this module my comm2 is not working. I set the hotas button for Tx2 and when I press it I see that 

• Voice Attack recognizes TX2 is pressed (or released)
  • Vaicom Pro shows in PTT screen correct frequency and comm2
  • Still the voice message is not transmitted over correct comm (I think) to the DCS as I get no reply (i.e. Bogey Dopes returns nothing)

If I set the same freq. for Comm1 and do the same stuff over comm1 all works perfectly

2- F-16

By this one UHF is not working but VHF does (so similar issue like above and same behaviour I observe). Interesting thing is, although UHF is recognized over voice attack and Vaicom Pro, in DCS I notice that VHF Channel is blinking although I use UHF hot keys

Anybody who faced same issue? 😞 I survive by F18 as comm1 and comm2 are identical but F16 is not possible to fly with Vaicom as UHF and VHF have no identical bands to replace one another.

I notice one more thing yesterday. By F18 comm2 button my friend hears that the message sent over comm1. By F16 UHF sends the message over VHF. Weird thing is time to time it starts working magically during mission as it supposed to work but 90% of the time it does not work. I am having a really weird situation with vaicom..

I am sending some screenshots as attachment which might help someone to notice the issue maybe.

I will try to get a log file asap as extra detail. As information I have tacview installed in steam which I run only after mission is done. SRS we use but the issue is also happening whenI do not start SRS.

I have no external programming software for my HOTAS

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_9.jpg

20210401222717_1.jpg

20210401222729_1.jpg

Looking at the logs, it looks like you have a Steam install of stable (the custom path you have set), but the log also says it cannot find a steam version.

On the config page where you set the custom path there are also some sliders to say whether you are running standalone or steam, and whether it is the stable or openbeta version.

Do you have these set the right way?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I use open beta actually not the stable. I have following path in Vaicom (see attachment). I took the path from

1- Right click on open beta in my steam library to open properties

2-  click local files and then browse

3- copy the path from there and paste into Vaicom

steam path.jpg

but sliders were wrong.. I will change them now

Edited by Devastator

Has this fixed the issue?

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Looking at the log file it says that AWACS responded to your transmissions on TX2

TX2 | COMM2: ARC-210: [ AWACS ] ,  [ Request Picture ]   
Constructing message...
Done.
AWACS (Overlord1-1): 112, Overlord1-1, BRA, 073 for 150, at 25000, cold     -     this is the response message from DCS so you should hear this (and see the text at the top left hand of the screen if you have not turned this option off)

and ATC on TX1

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ Air Traffic Controller ] ,  [ Inbound ]   
Constructing message...
Done.
ATC (Kutaisi): 111, Kutaisi, fly heading 192 for 70, QFE 29.77, runway 07, to pattern altitude

According to the log, AWACS responded both times you called it on TX2. There is also a response from AWACS after you called inbound on TX1. Please could you turn on the debug option in Vaicom (top option on the Config tab) and then post another logfile - this will give additional diagnostic information that may help.

I don't fly Multiplayer at the moment so don't use the VOIP Switch commands - does Vaicom work correctly in a single player mission? I am wondering whether it is something to do with how long you are holding the PTT down to talk to other players as you have turned on the option to queue the AI transmission so it will only send once you have released the PTT

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1

Request picture does not return back with BRA in DCS.  Request picture gives the number of enemy groups first and then for each group it gives the location based on the bullseye. So the reply which you eman as a reply to TX2 is actually not. It is scheduled AWACS call which is coming time to time even without sending a request.

p.s. Debug option was set before I used the comms actually..

Edited by Devastator

Sorry - I goofed (comes of trying to answer too many things at once and not paying attention).

It is definitely something specific to your setup since I have not seen this before on these forums, and I fly both the F-18 and the F-16 and have TX1 and TX2 working. If you swap the TX mappings over so TX1 is button 5 and TX2 is button 6 does the issue stay the same, or does it change round so that Comm 2 works and Comm 1 doesn't?

let me visualize something. I am using tx2 button (which also voice attack and vaicom interfaces shows) but in dcs the transmission goes over tx1

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyTsundereGrouseRaccAttack-4cghBvVizBFkSyNW

this is the issue which I am facing and no idea where can be the problem.. Somehow game is getting incorrect channel information from vaicom+voiceattack

I understand what you are seeing, what I am trying to do is work out why the problem is happening.

Have you tried swapping the TX1 and TX2 mappings around in Voiceattack to see whether the problem stays the same or reverses so that only Comm 2 works.

If the log is showing the correct TX button being pressed and released then there is something elsewhere in the system causing issues and it is not necessarily Vaicom

What settings do you have on the Preferences, MP, EX and Config pages for Vaicom?

Also, have you tried using Norm instead of Multi on the PTT dial?

Edited by hornblower793

They all seem OK, but I don't run Voice chat or the Switch commands so do not know how they might affect behaviour

Looking at your DCS settings screenshots from earlier in the thread I notice that you are running vjoy. What control devices are you using and how are they mapped into DCS?

The screenshots you have shown don't seem to have separate columns for either a joystick or throttle so wondering whether it might be something in vjoy. All your logs say that Vaicom is working correctly

actually vjoy I do not use anymore. I used it before with Arma3 to map some keys and since then I did not run it. It shows in the lis tthough. I will try to disable it and will report back and I hope that is the issue as this thing drives me crazy.. F16 is totally not usable with single channel 😞

Hopefully, because your screenshots showed no columns for Joystick and Throttle command mappings. It might also be worth checking the DCS SRS special settings (I cannot do this as I don't have SRS)

Which of these is the message you are talking about? If it is the SRS message then something is not set up correctly in SRS.

I know that you are not using the Vaicom SRS integration because you have not set this up in the Vaicom settings

I don't know about that message but am pretty sure that is not from Vaicom since Vaicom does not know about other players.

Does Vaicom work correctly in SP (i.e. Comms on both radios)?

I wonder if it is something to do with DCS voicechat - do you have that configured in DCS options?

I don't think I can fix this for you - I am pretty sure it is not Vaicom (although I am only a user of it so cannot say with 100% certainty) because I don't think Vaicom generates messages like that and certainly knows nothing of other players. I think it is therefore something on the DCS or MP side with your setup that is interfering with the setup (given that the DCS log shows the messages going over TX2) and I do not run MP.

It might be worth asking in the general DCS bugs section of this forum (given it affects both your aircraft) about the message to see if anyone knows what program generates it (I did an Internet search this morning but could not track it down) and this will give a clue. There are also discord servers for SRS and others which might be good places to ask to see if anyone can help you.

I will keep thinking and sorry I cannot be of more help at the moment. I really hope you can get it fixed

• 2 weeks later...

You're not alone, I have this same issue. Very noticeable in the Raven One and Pontus campaign when trying to communicate with Mother. I don't know the culprit, but my temp solution is tune to channel on the radio it goes to. My config is set correctly, as 9/10 times the comms goes through as expected. 

The popup I believe is an option from SRS, but I'm confused as SRS says it isn't connected on your image. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Do both of you use the SRS integration in Vaicom or run it separately?