Turn Coordinator - Ball not centered when I use rudder.

SmoglessPanic

I use rudder for my turns in the Tomcat as your supposed to. I noticed the turn coordinator is never really in the center when I'm using rudder. It doesn't seem like it's behaving as it really should even though I'm positive this is modeled correctly.

I tend to ignore the ball and give her as much rudder as I feel she needs to keep me in the turn, it would be nice to fly coordinated though. 

Is it possible this is due to me having to set saturation on my T16000M rudders? If so, what saturation settings is everyone else using? (I used Chuck's guide settings)

I would like to set it so I can get as close to 1 to 1 (full rudder on my pedals = full rudder in the Tomcat) is that even possible?

4 hours ago, SmoglessPanic said:

I would like to set it so I can get as close to 1 to 1 (full rudder on my pedals = full rudder in the Tomcat) is that even possible?

It's the default setting - 100% saturation.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

100% saturation, curve of about 20.

The thing in the Tomcat is that you don't need any rudder for normal, low G turns according to Victory205. When fighting, however, with the roll SAS off, approaching 15 AoA you'll need more and more rudder to roll the aircraft, and above 15 units of AoA the rudders will become your ailerons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1