Jester Slew?

RallyNH

I know Heatblur is hard at work on Jester lantirn and other Jester upgrades, and I was thinking one of the biggest difficulties with Jester is not being able to converse with him like an actually Pilot and RIO would.  So, I was wondering if some of that could be solved by a "Jester Slew" command which would work similar to TDC slew in other aircraft but in the Tomcat could fill in for the missing verbal communicates actually humans would have.  For example Jester Slew left could tell Jester to move the HCU to the left with half action pressed, or move the Lantirn pod left depending on how the aircraft is currently configured.  I know this is hugely over simplified, but since many of us never get to fly this wonderful aircraft with a Human RIO, it could be a small way to fill in some of the difficulties in communicating with AI.    

• Like 1

+1

I know I'm harping a lot on this but I'd also love to see this extended to a more accessible radar azimuth/elevation settings.

At least change the "Low, Medium, High" command to something sensible for your average engagement 😄

Currently the options are something along the lines of -30, -16, 0, +16, +30

If I'm RIO-ing, my settings will usually be more along the lines of -4, -2, 0, +2, +4

It'd be nice to have quick access to normal/regular settings, with the elaborate elevation-at-altitude to be used for specific cases.

Right now the quick commands yields highly impractical results and the granular commands are too elaborate to quickly access during combat.

44 minutes ago, Noctrach said:

+1

I know I'm harping a lot on this but I'd also love to see this extended to a more accessible radar azimuth/elevation settings.

At least change the "Low, Medium, High" command to something sensible for your average engagement 😄

Currently the options are something along the lines of -30, -16, 0, +16, +30

If I'm RIO-ing, my settings will usually be more along the lines of -4, -2, 0, +2, +4

It'd be nice to have quick access to normal/regular settings, with the elaborate elevation-at-altitude to be used for specific cases.

Right now the quick commands yields highly impractical results and the granular commands are too elaborate to quickly access during combat.

100%. The current Jester elevation scan options make it difficult to search up or down without a human RIO. For example the +/- 30, +/- 16 seem to be useful in only limited cases. And the scan at range/altitude is number of levels down the Jester wheel (time consuming). 

Edited by Strider21