HSI displaying false information after CV alignment

I'm struggeling a bit with the HSI. I think it started shortly after the last major update (2.5.6.60645). The issue is that after alignment, the HSI does not follow the T-up logic, and instead displays most of the symbols in false positions.

I triple checked that I'm starting up the jet correctly, and just to make sure, recorded the following videos in a mission where the jet is already up and running

As I load the mission, the HSI works fine. A couple of seconds into the video, most of the icons will instantly move counter clockwise, and stay there. 

On top of that, the flight plan will start moving as you move the plane, if you continue after this issue occurs:

I attached a track and the mission I used to record it, so you can take a look as well.

hsi after cv alignment.trk CV alignment issue.miz

Edited by BarTzi

The HSI is oriented track-up in your track/video. It's just that when sitting on the deck on the moving carrier there can be a big discrepancy between the track and heading, probably due to the slight wind and invalid air data. It goes away as soon as you takeoff or taxi around a bit. IIRC I've seen it happen in the real jet in youtube videos but I'll double check to make sure.

Note that there is a CV alignment issue which which is already fixed internally but with GPS available and the INS set to IFA (as in your case) you won't be affected by it anyway.

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, Santi871 said:

The HSI is oriented track-up in your track/video. It's just that when sitting on the deck on the moving carrier there can be a big discrepancy between the track and heading, probably due to the slight wind and invalid air data. It goes away as soon as you takeoff or taxi around a bit. IIRC I've seen it happen in the real jet in youtube videos but I'll double check to make sure.

Note that there is a CV alignment issue which which is already fixed internally but with GPS available and the INS set to IFA (as in your case) you won't be affected by it anyway.

I checked again, and it happens only when the carrier is on the move. I understand why the plane symbol is affected, but I can't understand why SEQ1 moves across the moving map, as I taxi in circles (this video: 

)

Edited by BarTzi

It seems (if I'm interpreting it correctly) the color map might be heading up oriented instead of track up which would obviously be a bug, let me run a few more tests to confirm and report it.

14 hours ago, Santi871 said:

It seems (if I'm interpreting it correctly) the color map might be heading up oriented instead of track up which would obviously be a bug, let me run a few more tests to confirm and report it.

I wonder if that's related to this bug I reported a while ago. Jumping from T UP to 'H' UP or something.

• 2 weeks later...