Already airborne RB-04s fly into water/go dumb if launching Viggen is destroyed/crashes

Snappy

Hi Heatblur team,

as far as the manual descriptions go,  the RB-04 seems to be a fire and forget missile that tracks its target after launch with

its own onboard radar seeker head.There is no mention of any radar update from or required datalink with the launching aircraft after

missile launch.

However, with the launched missiles underway and cleary tracking their target, if the launching aircraft is destroyed or crashes while

the missiles are still inflight, the missiles immediately go dumb and crash into the water within seconds.

Track example is attached.

Of course it's desirable to survive the attack run, however getting shot down is still a possibilty in a high threat naval environment and

at the least the launched missiles should still have an effect on target.

Regards,

Snappy

ViggenAntiShip.trk

This is a quite well known issue that has been in since it first released. Supposedly it's a DCS limitation. Same thing with the 15's.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

OK,

can't keep track of all bug reports from way back. Good to know. Has it been reported to ED?Does it affect Harpoons too? I can't check since

I don't have the Hornet .

Thanks MYSE

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

2 hours ago, Snappy said:

OK,

can't keep track of all bug reports from way back. Good to know. Has it been reported to ED?Does it affect Harpoons too? I can't check since

I don't have the Hornet .

Thanks MYSE

Kind regards,

Snappy

Considering only the Viggen has this problem.....I don't think it's an ED problem.

F-18 shooting Harpoon ASM works fine, Harpoon keeps flying its profile and attack the target after the F-18 is dead.

JF-17 shooting C-802AK ASM works fine, C-802AK keeps flying its profile and attack the target after the JF-17 is dead.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yes, indeed, we've got used to it, but it is the right time to ask for this Rb04-Rb15 change, since the Viggen currently has a high priority in HB's todo list.

• Like 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.