Additional wingmen status radio calls, for fuel, weapons, position, etc.

norman99

The "other F-16 sim", has a number of extremely useful radio commands to AI wingman , such as "Say Fuel", "Say Weapons", "Say Position" & "Say Status" (which basically combines the three previous into one call). These are basic comms functions that the lead element of a flight should have access too, to help make better tactical decisions.

Currently, we have no way of knowing our wingmen's fuel state, to see what weapons they have remaining we have to cycle external views, to know their position, if not using datalink we have to use the F10 map, etc. All of this is extremely unrealistic, and immersive breaking.

When rejoining after an engagement, it should be possible to ask all of the above mentioned items via radio.

Edited by norman99
  • Like 3

• ED Team

Hi,

while we are not trying to be like other sims its not a bad idea. 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Agreed 🙂

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thank you

Whilst I agree, It doesn't hurt to see what is done well in other platforms. Wingmen/AI control and comms are done particularly well over there, and leave DCS looking substantially sub-par in this area. We keep hearing there's lots of work being done in these area's so finger crossed improvements are on the way.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thank you

If you want to achieve (expand) realism, chances are big that when needed,  DCS will have to be like other sims 😉

If realistic, ED needs it, no matter what other sims do 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

11 minutes ago, sirrah said:

If you want to achieve (expand) realism, chances are big that when needed,  DCS will have to be like other sims 😉

If realistic, ED needs it, no matter what other sims do 

This is true,

it is not about being like other sims, it is simply adopting what is good, commands to our wingmen such as

Battle Damage Check,

Weapons Check,

Fuel State,

You Have the Lead (as in lead to a waypoint) etc...

are extremely useful,

We know it is lots of work and scripting, and we know those current commands not really work as they should, but it would be a nice addition to DCS if those would be there and working properly.

• Like 1

• ED Team

We have a rule on the forum about discussing other sims, that does not mean we are not aware of what others are doing. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2