Photos of Real Life Bombing Ranges

CommandT

Hey folks, 

Trying to create a realistic-looking bombing range in DCS. Searched through google images but can't find all that many good photos. Perhaps this thread could be for folk to share real life photos or videos of bombing ranges? Would be greatly appreciated for mission makers too 🙂

Have you looked at the 476th range objects stuff?

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

Details about the ranges if you install (but will give you an idea if you wish to set up your own elsewhere).

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/nttr/nttr.php

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Maybe your easiest route would be Google Earth (if you have it), and see the layouts from above.

Google bombing ranges, like Tain, Garvie, Spadeadam and Holbeach in the UK for instance.

In the US, there are many. Nevada you know of. Barry M. Goldwater range in Arizona, Avon Park AFR in Florida, Bravo 20 in the Fallon range complex, also in Nevada.

Bare in mind however - ranges change, sometimes frequently.

Russian? No idea unfortunately.

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

52 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Maybe your easiest route would be Google Earth (if you have it), and see the layouts from above.

Google bombing ranges, like Tain, Garvie, Spadeadam and Holbeach in the UK for instance.

In the US, there are many. Nevada you know of. Barry M. Goldwater range in Arizona, Avon Park AFR in Florida, Bravo 20 in the Fallon range complex, also in Nevada.

Bare in mind however - ranges change, sometimes frequently.

Russian? No idea unfortunately.

That's awesome. Thanks a lot for that! Didn't know about those. Found them on google maps. Very interesting. 

Garvie, I should have added “Island” on the end, lol. Also it’s part of the Cape Wrath complex in Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...

Also look at Decimomannu on the island of Sardinia. There is a range up the western side of the island (look for large white rings near the coast).