Flying helicopter in real

Posted (edited)

Ok "fri13"

i quoted some words of your previoust post,because you describe good enough and with a better english than me what a real pilot think about all that stuffs.

Unfortunatly you stray in a wrong direction with your citations and once more videos that mean nothing about the "flying helicopter in real".
This thread has not been created to make DCS the pope of simulators.I don't care about his main business.
And further how his devs are intended to do.
It could be something about food that would even not make me thinking  about to eat of something.
And about your appreciations of talent of real pilot to understand how his machine works,you are completly wrong.
So wrong that i wonder if you know what kind of knowledge are requested to give a licence?.
Thus if you come like the other for flood this thread with useless references;

i invite you to do that on another thread.

If you and other nerds don't know how demonstrate a stuff without all your iniquitous videos ,quotes,whitness,
and don't know only talk about a subject with your words and understanding about that you experienced in real.

You are not welcome on this thread.
I'm waiting for anyone able to relate his feeling while piloting a real helicopter.

I don't care about your wiki encyclopedy,and all bullshits that you gathered.

Now if you want to talk with me about all other things out of this thread,

you can join me here:

https://discord.gg/YwBwyuQ

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cromhunt
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, cromhunt said:

what kind of knowledge are requested to give a licence?

I think Fri13 is a brilliant guy. What i find far more concerning, a "real" pilot that doesn't even raise an eyebrow while flying the Gazelle in DCS and thinks that some real world aerodynamic feature could hold an explanation. I'm sorry, but the only explanation i have for this behaviour is absence of knowledge. And you also will not be able to find any real world physics reference, because the problem doesn't exist in the real world. It was solely created with the release of the Gazelle module for DCS five years ago and hopefully be gone with a future patch that would raise the level of the Gazelle module to DCS's standards.

Edited by RealDCSpilot

i9 10920X @4.8GHz, 3090 OC, 64 GB RAM @3600, Valve Index, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with FFB base mod (G940), DCS: all modules

Honestly I have no idea about the position of my cyclic while flying. I know it's in front of me, that's it.

What I know for sure is where I want to go/do and what I have to do to acheive this. I also look outside a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, RealDCSpilot said:

@Rogue Trooper
Goodness... Please don't be the clueless gamer, you obviously only scratched the surface of DCS. Switch from the Gazelle with super simplified joystick mode to ED helicopters with a Komodo Simulation or Puma PAS cyclic in springless trimmer mode or a FFB stick in default trimmer mode first before posting such nonsense. You'll get the experience how a cyclic works for the first time and it will definitely work as an eye opener and gamechanger for heli flightsims in general for you. You'll see for the first time what DCS really has to offer. It's like going from a gamepad in Mario Kart to a racing wheel controller in a racing sim. The difference is that even Mario Kart gets most of it's basics right, the Gazelle module... not. Then come back here please, we can start talking on the same level.

I would say I have around 700 - 800 hours in the KA-50, I say this because I have re-installed DCS soooo many times..... reality is probably closer to 1000 to 1200 Hours

My lowest flight time module is the Huey which probably stands at around 400 hours.... but I am not sure.... could be lower, could be higher.

The MI-8 was released very quickly after the Huey and I just fell in love with it, 700 hours is probably a good number.

I love precision combat machines, DCS Gazelle fits that bill perfectly in DCS..... there is no other.... yet.

You just value different things to me RealDCSpilot.... I love weapon and how to use its assets.... you love flight model above everything else.

When we get both together in the Gazelle module we will both be very happy.... me especially!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

12 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

You just value different things to me RealDCSpilot.... I love weapon and how to use its assets.... you love flight model above everything else.

Not exactly, but i usually expect a good flight model for a paid module first before everything else in DCS.

i9 10920X @4.8GHz, 3090 OC, 64 GB RAM @3600, Valve Index, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with FFB base mod (G940), DCS: all modules

29 minutes ago, tugais said:

Then you should certainly avoid the upcoming AH-64 Apache from ED. I wonder how FM enthusiasts will react to its FM after what Wags shared last week on the Air Combat Sim podcast.

Well, at least the Apache will fly like a helicopter and not like a LM.

The Kiowa will show PC's dedication to a FM.

I'm honestly curious about it. They deserve a second chance.

Fox

• Like 1

Eagle Dynamics, ceterum censeo: dare nobis ME CCLXII!

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 64GB RAM 3600Mhz, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, HP Reverb (G1)

47 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Well, at least the Apache will fly like a helicopter and not like a LM.

You don't know that, unless you're part of the dev team ?

Wags said last week the team lacks informations about the FM and that they would rely on the feeling from Apache pilots to create a FM for the aircraft. I found the interview really interesting in that regards.

• Like 1

3rd Wing | 4/33 Vexin * VK-94

A furore Normannorum, libera nos Domine

17 hours ago, tugais said:

You don't know that, unless you're part of the dev team ?

Wags said last week the team lacks informations about the FM and that they would rely on the feeling from Apache pilots to create a FM for the aircraft. I found the interview really interesting in that regards.

I don't need to be in the DEV team. ED showed that they have a understanding of helicopter specific aerodynamics. That's why I am sure that the Apache will fly like a helicopter and not like a LM. But will it by true to the Apache? I hope it comes close.

• Like 1

Eagle Dynamics, ceterum censeo: dare nobis ME CCLXII!

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 64GB RAM 3600Mhz, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, HP Reverb (G1)