My "esc" not working (doesn't end mission) in latest update

As soon as I get into the plane the "esc" key works great.

As soon as I interact with the plane the "esc" key stops working and I have to close DCS.

I have made sure that the key is mapped to "End Mission" ... I know the mapping is correct because of the first sentence.

I wonder if the update is to blame ... this never happened to me before.

Thanks in advance .,..

• Like 1

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

I have it mapped using the M1 modifier ... on the X-56 Rhino.

Another crappy situation ... I cannot end the mission and therefore never get credit for Mission 1 of the A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification mission. And, you cannot move forward until Mission 1 successfully completed.

God this is an aggravation I do not have time for ... dang.

• Like 1

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

Weird issue, cannot think of any sensible explanation.

A long shot: Did you check if ESC is bound to anything in "UI Layer"?

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The "esc" key is only bound to the keyboard, all other columns for the other controllers are empty.

LeCuvier ... when you say UI Layer what do you mean? Sorry for the bold type, I couldn't get it to go away!

Edited by CTBlankenship
  • Like 1