visual and sound awareness and reaction of Infantry, Armoured etc.

Meathawk

My suggestion would be to adapt/refine visual and sound awareness and reaction of Infantry, Armoured etc. specially in night time conditions. This will make Apache missions much more realistic and thus attractive for players and mission builders.

• Like 3

This is confusing.....

Are you saying ground forces need tweaked? Because this isn't the thread for that.

How would you change or add anything to an aircraft to successfully do whatever it is you're suggesting? (Still confused on the ask)

6 hours ago, Meathawk said:

My suggestion would be to adapt/refine visual and sound awareness and reaction of Infantry, Armoured etc. specially in night time conditions. This will make Apache missions much more realistic and thus attractive for players and mission builders.

AI reactions has a core feature and not have none with a module.

• Like 2

I do agree that tweaking ground forces has nothing to do with the module directly. I still think prioritizing that task in the DCS context will enhance the module experience. This is related to all helicopters in DCS but I think specialy with the Apache this will be important for the overall value of the module.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree. The Apache will be a fantastic addition, but like for all helicopters, the core game needs serious improvements for it to be enjoyable in the long run. The ground AI is non existent: they don't take cover, don't hide, don't do barrage fire, the "dispersion under fire" is ridiculous. All they do is fire and die. The tanks don't do pop up attacks, there are tons of essential ground units lacking (infantry ATGM post, machine gun nest, trenchs...), etc... Currently for all the air to ground, it's more Digital Shooting Range Simulator. I really hope that changes with the dynamic campaign, as I don't see how it could work without vastly improved AI.

Edit: ground units don't use any counter measure too: no smoke or evading maneuver when lased for example

Edited by Mad_Shell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Meathawk said:

I do agree that tweaking ground forces has nothing to do with the module directly. I still think prioritizing that task in the DCS context will enhance the module experience. This is related to all helicopters in DCS but I think specialy with the Apache this will be important for the overall value of the module.

ED has others priorities about AI yet.

Currently, much of our AI engineering effort is focused on the AI aircraft behaviour, in harmony with the new damage modelling and in line with logical and understandable rules and practices. Additionally, the new ATC and radio communications will demand a significant amount of AI engineering. This work is ongoing and will probably never really be finished but we do hope to deliver substantial enhancements during the latter half of 2021.

Edited by Silver_Dragon