Can't get Stream Deck hotkeys to be recognized in DCS

Could use some help here from anyone else who's using a Stream Deck in DCS.  I got a SD XL a few weeks ago and have downloaded several profiles found here and other places; I've also grabbed ctyler's plugin, and DCS-ExportScripts, etc.  The problem I'm having is, I think unrelated to any of those scripts.  All I'm trying to do is setup a basic profile by assigning the Function keys to the SD in order to control comms in-game.

From looking at other people's profiles, it appears to me that I'm setting up the F-keys just like everyone as, i.e. using the System Hotkey option in SD.  The keys will register in other apps such as Notepad++ or Chrome, but when I go into DCS, it's like the SD is entirely invislble to it -- DCS isn't seeing any of the keypresses.  If for example I then press F1 on my keyboard, it works in-game as normal; but pressing the SD button that I've set to F1 does nothing.  This happens whether I use other peoples' profiles or my own -- nothing gets recognized in DCS.

I've been struggling with this for several days now.  I've tried running SD in Admin mode, trying DCS in fullscreen and windowed, etc to no avail.  It's been a while since I've tested a SD command that relies on any kind of export script, so to be honest I can't recall right now whether I've ever gotten those kinds of commands to work.  But right now my focus is these simple keypresses, and I'm having no luck.  I've tried more than just the F-keys -- briefing screen, controls indicator, auto start etc.  Nothing gets recognized by DCS.

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip / LG 48" OLED

Got it sorted thanks to frostycab in the other thread -- I had DCS set to run in Admin mode, which was apparently preventing external apps from feeding keypresses into DCS.  Turned off Admin mode and SD now works as it should.

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip / LG 48" OLED