ME - make selected statics movable by using Shift

Wardog21

In the Mission Editor, when clicking on the first unit of a ground vehicle using the armor button, you can move the entire selection of units, or by pressing Ctrl, you can single out the first unit and move it separately. 

In this vein it would be useful to have the ability to select a grouping of static objects like you already can using Shift, but while holding shift, to be able to move the entire selection while clicking and dragging with the mouse. 

The ability to select a group by clicking and holding down a mouse button then moving it to form a highlighted box over statics would be useful as well. Similar to how you move icons around on the desktop.

Having to copy and paste, then manually delete each static takes too much time. 

• Like 4

Personally, I'd rather be able to just have a group of static objects and have it work in exactly the same way as for ground vehicles. Including the template system.

For instance, I might make a FOB with a container wall around it, if I want to make a duplicate I have to copy the whole thing one at a time and move each element into place - which takes quite a fair amount of time. What would be much better is if I make the container wall once, have it be part of a group and just copy and paste that group - exactly as how you'd do it for ground units.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

All these work arounds and extra options wouldn't be needed if we just had an "area" (or box) select option...

This has been requested/wished for more than I can count.. Would be great if ED said something on this. I'm afraid though that, like 90% of the wishes here, ED doesn't read/comment, until the thread reaches a nasty discussion and is about to be closed... (like all the "easy AAR" discussions....)

area select.jpg

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

22 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally, I'd rather be able to just have a group of static objects and have it work in exactly the same way as for ground vehicles. Including the template system.

For instance, I might make a FOB with a container wall around it, if I want to make a duplicate I have to copy the whole thing one at a time and move each element into place - which takes quite a fair amount of time. What would be much better is if I make the container wall once, have it be part of a group and just copy and paste that group - exactly as how you'd do it for ground units.

I agree about the template option, and it's kinda what I was getting at with the copy and paste thing. As I mentioned in another post, if you couple the time it takes to build a FOB or enemy camp and then run the mission just to find out that the camp is actually on a hill, despite finding what you thought was flat ground in the ME, becomes tedious when trying to select every single unit to copy and paste into a new location. Moving each static object at that point just makes me want to exit out of the ME. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sirrah said:

All these work arounds and extra options wouldn't be needed if we just had an "area" (or box) select option...

This has been requested/wished for more than I can count.. Would be great if ED said something on this. I'm afraid though that, like 90% of the wishes here, ED doesn't read/comment, until the thread reaches a nasty discussion and is about to be closed... (like all the "easy AAR" discussions....)

area select.jpg

Sadly (even though I want to hold out hope that they will), I agree with you about the inaction ED will likely take regarding this. Although, I can see how ED would favor addressing customer complaints about "in-game" content or continue working on bringing newer modules in rather than focus on tiny operational quirks in the ME that will bring in zero additional revenue.