F/A-18C Litening Pod Zoom Malfunction

Scotflieger

A number of times when using the F/A-18C Litening Pod I have found that the Zoom view function becomes stuck on maximum (Z9). Click the Zoom - OBS button briefly changes the display to Z8 before flipping back to Z9. Slew control of the cursor also become jittery. Is this a known fault?

• ED Team

Not seeing any reports for it, and I have not noticed myself, we would need to see a track replay to try and reproduce it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What’s best for this. Just a video or is there a log?
OP, for some other users that reported this, it ended up being an issue where they had the radar elevation (that also control the TPOD zoom) bound to an axis without realizing it. Make sure this isn't the case.

As for the track, you can run a very quick session where you demonstrate the issue, exit and select the Save Track option in the debrief screen. Then, you can find your saved tracks in the Tracks folder, in the DCS part of your Saved Games folder.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

39 minutes ago, Harker said:

OP, for some other users that reported this, it ended up being an issue where they had the radar elevation (that also control the TPOD zoom) bound to an axis without realizing it. Make sure this isn't the case.

As for the track, you can run a very quick session where you demonstrate the issue, exit and select the Save Track option in the debrief screen. Then, you can find your saved tracks in the Tracks folder, in the DCS part of your Saved Games folder.

I don’t have the radar elevation linked to an axis but I will double check.

13 hours ago, Scotfliegee said:

I don’t have the radar elevation linked to an axis but I will double check.

You could also have a switch or something mapped to the radar elevation. It's implemented as a zoom rate command, not absolute zoom, so as long as the button or switch is depressed it will continue to zoom to the limit. 

Edited by Machalot
Typo

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Many thanks for the advice and insight. It was my assignment of Radar Elevation to the Boat rocker switch on my TM Warthog Throttle that was the cause of the problem. I must have knocked it and it was commanding a continuous Zoom In to the FLIR. Problem SOLVED. I now have a much better means of controlling FLIR when flying over a target area.

• Like 2