Performance issues in multiplayer

Mr_sukebe

I recently created a "cold war" style scenario for use on the Channel map.

Includes a host of modern jets, ships, SAM sites etc.

In single player, runs fine in VR.  My system is an i5 9700, 64GB of RAM and 2070S.

I then tested it by hosting using the dedicated server on my spare PC, with me then logging in as client on my normal PC.  All fine.

Last night, I tried hosting for my squadron.  Used the same spare PC (i5 2500, 24GB of RAM) to host the dedicated server.

On take off, frames for myself dropped to around 27fps (normally 40+).

Then after about 45 mins, performance went to crap, firstly for myself, then the other players too.  My frame rate dropped to around 2fps until I crashed due to being unable to control the aircraft.

Just one of the six of us didn't suffer significant performance drops, I believe that he's a non-VR player.

Interestingly, when the other players dropped, the frame rate picked up again, such that I was able to get in a Huey and fly off at 27fps.  Still not right, but better.

I've attached a link to the TRK file below.  It was too big to attach.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ZrjWxeavaPVtO2sDDOan0z-KGKLj6pt/view?usp=sharing

Note that I had a look in task manager after crashing my aircraft, that was showing me using around 29GB of RAM, CPU around 50%, but GPU locked at 100%, implying that it's video related.

If you need any more info, please do ask.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.