EN pit to use units native to the airframe (KMH/Metres instead of Knots/Feet)

v81

Just per the title..

Maybe it already is that way, but can't be sure.

The EN pit for the L39 used to be in the airframes native units but a year or 2 ago it changed.

This upsets missions, briefings etc that are created for the airframe that wish to use the original KMH / Metres units.

Also outside of fully learning the native language it's nice to work as closely with the native pit as possible.

• Like 3

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

I thought all Russian aircraft were Kmh and meters anyway?

However if you meant for instance in the editor, you can specify the units of measure in the settings.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• ED Team

I'm sure they will keep it metric, even for the English-language cockpit.  Since ED's Belsimtek team did the same thing for the Mi-8; English language cockpit with Metric system of units.

I would also assume it would make programming the AI Petrovich a lot more difficult if they had to adjust his logic and verbal callouts to use the English system of measurements, instead of just a different language.  I would imagine making an AI say a different translated audio file is way easier than adjusting the internal coding to a different measurement system for internal calculations.  But I'm no coder, this is just my assumption.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 3/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, G.J.S said:

I thought all Russian aircraft were Kmh and meters anyway?

However if you meant for instance in the editor, you can specify the units of measure in the settings.

Sadly no.

I just re-checked and the L-39 is definitely in knots.

Out of interest i set both the avionics and cockpit language to native and it was still in knots.

It's worse than i thought.

I did used to be in KMh, and infact the current manual still has it in KMh, but no options i pick in game get it to show in KMh as it once did.

That's why i made this thread, a precedent exists where ED did a Russian pit (albeit a Czech aircraft) and the dials are not metric.

Goes against the Ka-50 which is KMh no matter what.

::edit::

Seems i can still get the L-39 to show metric by setting units to 'metric'.

That said i was afraid this might force western airframes to metric, but doesn't appear so in the A-10C II at least.

The settings are either inconsistent or non intuitive.

Either way it's not ideal.

Edited by v81

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR