Jump to content

Placeholder Cyprus for Syria map


Recommended Posts

I realize that fully modeling Cyprus is a lot of work.

All I ask for in Syria map is for a low polygon placeholder to mark the land so boats don't run aground near that land. The waters are too shallow there 🙂
Look, All I want is to raise that land up and have a representation of Cyprus. It can even be all flat. just make a brown flat land, just mark it please.

I am sure there is a reason this has not been done. I have no idea why though.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ugra Media is currently increasing DCS: Syria to a massive 800x600 km map size. The addition
of 18 airfields is also in progress. The final version of DCS: Syria will have a total of 51 airfields
including the United States Air Force base at Incirlik, the Russian Air Force base at Latakia,
and the Royal Airforce bases on the island of Cyprus."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Cyrpus is definitely planned, Ugra said it was planned in the November 27th 2020 newsletter, they've even released screenshots of it and our lord and saviour, with his notorious cheeky ways even flew over it in an introduction video for the Hornet.

 

At the moment though we're missing Cyprus as a "country" and you could further subdivide that into Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots (and we kinda venture into an instance where the current coalition system becomes quite flawed, and something more like C:MANO would be more preferable).


Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

 

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

 

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that they should have done this since the water depth at the island location is super shallow. I found by accident trying to sail a carrier group across it since there was nothing on the ALT map. If you set the ME map to MAP mode though, you can partially see Cyprus. With that as a reference, you can place trigger zones are markers for the island.

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Oozler said:

"Ugra Media is currently increasing DCS: Syria to a massive 800x600 km map size. The addition
of 18 airfields is also in progress. The final version of DCS: Syria will have a total of 51 airfields
including the United States Air Force base at Incirlik, the Russian Air Force base at Latakia,
and the Royal Airforce bases on the island of Cyprus."


Sounds great, just need some RAF liveries for the Harrier, Or even RAF fighters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exorcet said:

If you set the ME map to MAP mode though, you can partially see Cyprus. With that as a reference, you can place trigger zones are markers for the island.

 

If you zoom out far enough you can see the whole thing.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

 

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

 

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Sounds great, just need some RAF liveries for the Harrier, Or even RAF fighters?

  There's some really nice RAF Harrier skins for download in the DCS user files. I don't THINK it has any by default

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mars Exulte said:

  There's some really nice RAF Harrier skins for download in the DCS user files. I don't THINK it has any by default


Sadly it has none by default.

Its a big loss for the UK crew.
Id love some added by default, to make some UK mission on the Channel Map.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...