Hi 

recently got pontus campaign finished 1 mission instructions just say print screen ( all very well ) but no mention as to where it goes or how to view it.

not saved in pictures or Prt sc folder I've noted code with pen and paper. will it work on next mission. ? 

just to say prt sc seems a bit vague to me.

Print screen means it captures the image to a buffer in which you would then need to open an image/picture software, even windows paint for example, and then paste the image in the software (go to edit menu then down to paste). Then you can save the image as a jpg or whatever and refer to it later if need be. 

I do not have the campaign (yet) but this would, generally, be how print screen would work in a case like this.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks Oozler for your help

The fault is mine forgot to mansion I use VR so Print screen dose not work there is a way but for me it is too complicated but if I run it on 2d I will use your method. 

thanks again

Ah, yes! I use VR (Rift S) so I understand this method will not work. There are ways to take a screenshot in VR but it is a little different in each headset. I would suggest a quick search on google of how to take a screenshot with your VR headset and you will likely find the answer though it sounds like you might already understand how. Usually a combination of hit this then hit that. I know this is vague but I have faith there is a way that isn't too painful. I have to admit I have been a little hesitant on this campaign for this kind of reason myself but I am sure I will get around to it. There just seems a lot involved.

Good luck and happy flying!

Posted (edited)

thanks Oozler I also use Rift S

I got round it by the taking a photo with my mobile not very technical but it works for a PC troglodyte like myself.

Just one thing in the campaign (at least on my computer) I found the targeting pod, way point designator are out of sync  if you have trouble hitting anything or your solution bar is way out that's what I found out when I used Jsow designated by the waypoint  hit the targets but my FLIR was looking at an empty field. ( that may be Just my computer problem so I'm going to try re installing . If you think I should report it or you know of this problem let me know.

once again thanks for your time.

Ps (it all works fine any were else)

Edited by Johnezq
typing correction

Print screen saves to your documents folder/DCS/screenshots even you’re using VR. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP